Note to New Members ×

Dupraz - What do you think?

Guest claudio

Guest claudio

I've been looking at the Dupraz D1 board for a while now and considering possibly getting one as a dedicated powder board. But, pricey....

From the videos the fluid motion of this board and 'surflike' characteristics of its ride look amazing to me.

If any of you guys have any perspective about this board, I'd love to hear pros and cons. Has anyone ridden the Dupraz on groomers and or chop? How does it handle outside of powder?

Thanks,

Claudio

Thomas M on the forum here has one, and likes it a lot. He thinks it's pretty good under most conditions. The only advantage it may have is the tail is more durable than a swallowtail, and its tail stiffness allows it to carve better on hardpack. In deep snow my swallowtail is the weapon, you just have to decide if you want a totally dedicated pow board. The Dupraz looks like a better all around board.

Guest thomas_m

I got about 15-20 days on my Dupraz this season, hardly rode anything else after I bought it. John's comments above are exactly my view.

I prefer something shorter and 'fishier' for tight, steep trees but that's more a function of my (lack of) skills than the board. The D1 works great everywhere else. You ride it more centered, not putting a lot of pressure on the nose which is very soft. Handles groomed and chopped with ease. I actually like it on soft groomed for the very surfy-turn feeling it has. More backseat riding than my alpine boards where I tend to jump hard on the nose. Learned that one the hard way... If/when they come out with the smaller model, I'll buy one of those too for the wife & daughter to fight over (like they do now with the Fish 150).

I just wish they made a splitboard model so I could ride it in the BC and inbounds after the lifts close.

Bola! - if you get a chance, whisper the above in someone's ear...

T.