Note to New Members ×

ending at the beginning

RJ-PS

Maybe this should go in the off-topic, but it's close enough that I'll try it here first. (moderators please move if I'm wrong)

Somehow the end of things gets me thinking about the beginning. So at the end of the season I think about the beginning and how I've progressed as a rider, community member, and shop owner. Amazing to think of my biases and former opinions that get slammed (sometimes literally) into the snow. I also think about how I feel when the first snow falls and how it plays with my emotions; whether it lays or not and starts the base of what I'll be sliding on the rest of the season. Like Christmas morning for those of us that ride the edge!

It's amazing to think of the white blanket as tiny pieces of frozen water. Unbelievable that this stuff falls out of the sky and gives us such stoke and passion! Cheers to the flake! :biggthump It's because of the work of all you little guys banding together to give me that feeling that I miss the rest of the year.....til we meet again!

Here is a link to video of snowflake growth with a lot more information than most of us probably ever want to know, but as some of you are geeks like me, maybe it will interest you too.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/movies/movies.htm

See you next season!

Very nice movie. I was sooooo depressed today as it was thed day I finally admitted that my season is over. I returned my son's skis (seasonal lease), took the bindings off of my board, cleaned it up, and got all of my gear together to start the summer wax coat...

next year...

Season rental?

Christmas to New Years in Steamboat?

ECES?

that's my wish list...enjoy your summer and count the days till the white stuff comes back