Note to New Members ×

Boot Cant for 12 Year Old Racer

jhcolman

Hi All

I have a 12 year old son, wearing Reichle 125's, riding a Donek 155 with Burton Race Plates. His boots cant outwards (left boot cant out, right boot cant out). Doesn't seem right to me. I'd be grateful if you could suggest the process I should go through to properly determine and set the canting of his boots. And how should this relate to his binding placement and angles? FYI, his Race Plates also have some lean and cant (ie the rear plate has the black plastic cant plate). The boy is 100 lbs and 5 ft tall.

BTW, some of you folks may remember my last years posts to find a board for him. Well, he found and rode a Burton FP well, thanks to all of you. And courtessy of a couple of you folks, found and is doing really well on a Donek. We just need to get this cant right.

Thanks

Have a great carving day.

Julian

I would loosen the adjusters, clip in both feet, then flex deeply a few times. Retighten the adjusters and you are done. I'm surprised that the cuffs lean out, perhaps the adjusters are broken already? It's a well known Raichle problem. Also, I'd lose that rear foot lift/cant thingie, better to ride flat.

Or, just read Kent's response to your other post, basically the same.

Chris

Hi Chris

Great to hear from you. Do you plan to head out to any of the OAS races? My son is ofcourse doing the development series, but will also do the a couple of the Provincial Points series. Likely the last two (Devils Elbow and Moonstoon, I think). Let me know if you plan to and we can meet up.

FYI, he's come a long way since you helped us out with boot selection. Carving up a storm. He's now riding a Donek 155, which Steve Cloyes gratiously sold us. It was Mat Cloyes board from when he was my son's age, weight and height; so its perfect. Al's short radius turn control is now awesome. We just wanted to be sure the boot cant (which looked alittle weird) wasn't holding him back. Now that I know, we'll check with his coaches on the race plate cants, as to whether we should ditch or keep them.

Thanks again

Julian