Note to New Members ×

please god make the voices stop...

Joe D

Pretty please, could someone explain once and for all, what the f&*K I am supposed to do with the offset on these 4x4 disks?

Any background on intended purpose a definite plus.

The 'edge' and 'TipTail' words are taunting me

Engineers, don't hold back.

JD

post-1320-141842216964_thumb.jpg

I believe that disk is supposed to be used in conjunction with Burton's cant disks, as the 4x4 hole pattern on the cant disk itself is rotated a handful of degrees to allow mounting the cant disk to the board's 4x4 pattern. The angle displayed with be correct when used together.

Not possible. These are for the cant disk only. Unless you get your board T-nutted to suit.

Well you can use them, you just won't really know what angles you are running. I used them on a board without a cant disk before, and just set the angles without having any overhang.

nekdut & Chris are right. The only way to mount bindings to board is to use front disk to set angles, carefully remove disk without moving binding position, then drop in offset disk and spin until 4 holes line up, only oocurs in 1 place for regular. So you lose all micro-adjustment within the binding. Seems pretty stupid.

Anybody want to sell me a non-off-set 4x4 disk?

At 1am, this stuff was making me crazy. Ended up not going riding anyway (but not due to this)

JD

Those disk are rotated 30 degrees (±3 degrees)

Yes, you do lose microadjustability. When I mounted a normal disk on my cant plate, to get the adjustability, I made an Excel spreadsheet to calculate it (with the front/back offset of the toe and heel blocks on the bindings).

• 2 weeks later...

well why didn't Burton include a pair of non-offset so you can ride without the cant plate, instead of one of each?

Besides, I don't even know who rents Burton gear down here, nevermind finding "the box" under the counter...

I was just trying to pass the goodwill along. But thanks for the help.