Note to New Members ×

Who is this hardbooter? Nissan Xterra Catologue

DrCR

Too Funny. I rode that Proton in 03/04. It would look more extreme if I was riding that 178 O'Sin 4807 with that narrow nose. I'll have to show this to my sons heavy metal (Archer) band buddies that are coming over tomorrow. Heard them on the radio while on my way home last night...not bad.

Hiroshi owes me a cut! Maybe enough for a new coiler splittail?

Thanks for posting the pic DrCR. :biggthump

Sure thing. :) Wished I had posted sooner, but you may still be able to get a copy of the Xterra sales catologue from your local Nissan dealer. I just about went nuts when I did a double-take looking at the photo and realizing it was a HBer I was looking at.

DrCR,

I'm extremely camera-shy so Hiroshi may have hidden in the trees to avoid causing me to crash. The intense face was to try and scare Rob Starr before carving under him. hehe

I'll head over to the dealership and pick up a copy.

Joe D,

I'll call Hiroshi tonight to see how he managed to sell the pic. No interest in compensation for me since he has given many hours of carving advice through the last 5 years.

Hi!

This is really amazing! Has one of you seen the brochure somewhere online? I

only found the standard "xterra" brochure, but it doesn't include the

carver-pic. As it is a brochure especially made for the US-market, I will not

get in here in Germany.

Regards, Oliver

Oliver, My wife found it at our Nissan dealership. The brochure is the 06 version. Ya never know.

BTW Hiroshi (we were kidding you Hiroshi) did not take the pic. It came from a pro sports photog from Washington in 03/04. I signed off on any rights to the photos at the time.

Carve On~~~~

Ah well, Rob Starr kindly reminded me that the photographer behind this picture is not Hiroshi (even though he always generously offers his time to take picture/film other carvers) but it was Larry Chen from lchenphto.com.

Larry is a freelance photographer from Seattle and we met Larry at Kirkwood two years ago. Larry was riding up the lift and was so impressed with Rob Starr carving skills that he asked to tag along for a few hours to take pictures of the group in action.

Next time, I will carve with a grin like Jim and hopefully I'll make it to the Huyndai Pony Catalog ;)

Carving/Surfing always makes me smile, like the 2'+ of pow at Kirkwood today with minimal crowds due to HWY 88 being closed. The Wall was opened after 4 days of snowfall. :biggthump

Next time you gotta take a sick day from work Steve. :barf: