Note to New Members ×

New carver (well, maybe…)

BlueB

About a week ago I went skiing with a buddy from work (technically my boss). Somehow, two of my boards sneaked into my car, too ;)

After few runs on skis, I jumped on my Generics and tried to lay my best carves. So, the man said “Wow, that looks like fun, I wont to try it!” Bingo! Out with Hooger (soft and nice for learning) and put him on. I was a bit worried, as he barely had few runs on soft boots before, but to my surprise, he made it down firs run without hurting himself much and was linking the turns (well not quite carved, but not quite skid either) on the next run. He was even looking into the turns and not trying to counter rotate (common mistake for skiers). Impressive for a first timer! As it turns out, besides being an expert snow skier, Paul is a very good water mono skier, too. So the result was really easy transition to alpine. He rode 57/57 angles, but kept asking me if it could be done close to 90/90 like Skwal – I suppose a habit from water ski. Next time I’ll stick him on my slalom Nidecker, so he can enjoy the 18cm waist and super steep angles…

Boris