Note to New Members ×

How do you spell relief?

skatha

J-O-B....

That's right, I start in May, thank god....

I quit in January because the last job wasn't right, my collegues were scary idiots(worrisome when they're MD's) and my hubby needed a fulltime nurse following his car accident.

I never really realized how easily I had transitioned from the USAF, back to residency, into a private practice with working part-time in an ER, then full-time at that same ER, then a hasty decision into this hospitalist group(over a span of 15 years) until I needed to get another job....

Yikes

This gig is more of a part-time type of job, although I'll be working 50 hours a week, I won't be pulling down the big bucks, but, at least, it's some income.

10 years ago the 'net was looking cool things on Netscape...now it's a big shopping mall....need to not surf so much :smashfrea

I'll be glad to go back to lurking part-time on BOL.....

Congrats on doing what you think is the right thing.

I wish I could find a job though, Im a full time college student and my current job cut hours WICKED bad after christmas. I went from a measley $100 a week to about $40 every other week. The worst part is that it's easy work. Unskilled retail isn't exactly the best place for a Certified/licenced bartender and pilot. Can't wait to get my commercial rating so I can fly for a living :1luvu: . Or at least find a bar or club or restaraunt that will hire a bartender fresh out of Bartending School :(

________

HONDA XL80

Laugh if you may, but I delivered pizza part-time in college and med school (83-88)

I worked weekends, busiest time, and I went back when I was back for Christmas and Easter break.

I made about $6 an hour plus tips and commission(about 70 cents per pizza)

which wasn't bad in the early to mid 80's. I made great tips when the management let us wear shorts-I have better than average looking legs and still no cellulite(very good for a forty-something with 2 kids) :biggthump

What about working Applebee's or TGIF's?

not haute cuisine but a paycheck....

Applebees and TGIFridays don't hire bartenders, hence the crappy drinks when you go there. They "train" their bartenders from the waitstaff. Mind you, the trainers aren't actual bartenders either, they're just the one who stands behind the bar. I was suprised to find out that almost none of the big restaraunts hire outside the waitstaff for anything. Ruby Tuesday does the same thing, but the bartender there told me it was just so you can learn the restaraunt, then after about a month they put you at the bar. Well, she did it in a month, doesn't mean everyone does. My best bet is all the golf courses and nightclubs around here. Waiting on a few phone calls now :rolleyes: hopefully someone will call me.

________

EXTREME Q VAPORIZER REVIEW

Applebees and TGIFridays don't hire bartenders, hence the crappy drinks when you go there. They "train" their bartenders from the waitstaff. Mind you, the trainers aren't actual bartenders either, they're just the one who stands behind the bar. I was suprised to find out that almost none of the big restaraunts hire outside the waitstaff for anything. Ruby Tuesday does the same thing, but the bartender there told me it was just so you can learn the restaraunt, then after about a month they put you at the bar. Well, she did it in a month, doesn't mean everyone does. My best bet is all the golf courses and nightclubs around here. Waiting on a few phone calls now :rolleyes: hopefully someone will call me.

Good luck-

"I made great tips when the management let us wear shorts-I have better than average looking legs and still no cellulite(very good for a forty-something with 2 kids)"

so errr wanna post some pics of those? :1luvu:

I hope everything goes well for you.

50 hours is right about where I feel good about work, much more and I feel like I am missing life, much less and boredom sets in.

Guest rc30rob

A customer rang me the other day and asked me if i could fix this (a new seat) bearing in mind i fit and fix gas ,oil and solar heating and some very tec heating+ hot water systems and all manner of water systems ,they also offered me a coffee (the whole house is like this)

post-2308-141842216946_thumb.jpg

working at Applebees, TGIFridays, Bennigans or Ruby Tuesdays sounds awful.I'd rather dig ditches or work for a moving company.I've done everything from washing dishes at 15(lied about my age) to being a wine steward at christy's of newport.I just had a liquid lunch at Ruby Tuesday's and the "bartender" couldn't pour a Guinness to save her life.I had to send her to the kitchen for a soup spoon since she couldn't find the bar one.Next time I'll teach her to pour a cute little shamrock in the foam.Hooters sucks too, crappy overpriced food and gum snappin' bimbos, no thanks.delivering chicken wings for Wing It in college was a blast.Weekend nights you'd make $150+ in tips and drunks with the munchies are always fun.Justin, be a pilot-do what you love.“If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair like your pretty boy over there Brian, ...

.Justin, be a pilot-do what you love.“If you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair like your pretty boy over there Brian, ...

I used to work at local restaurants like Joe's American bar and Grill as welll as Sylvan St grill, and it was fun but many of the waiters were miserable. I was a host at the first and I had to wear a full suit and all and always got confused with the manager. Although rare, I got bitched at by unhappy customers. Try as hard as you can to get a pilot job. Restaurants are fun but very hectic. There is a sylvan st in Salsbury beach kinda near you. I know the owner, Ernie Trembly. They get alot of business. Defintly try a place called the Colosseum in Salem, NH. That place is really, really expensive and if you get it, you'll get alot of $$. My friends Frankie and JP work there as busboys.

Right now, im a referee for my area's intramural program. EZ $$!! Good luck man.

Good luck man.