Note to New Members ×

What is this board?

Justin A.

I have see a few warped generics decks but they rode well anyway, generally pretty good boards

that board I don't know when it was built but there were lots of their boards flowing to the US around 1996/7 so I assume close to that time

last time I saw them in shops was in '99 but that was around when Head started selling boards

Mistral snowboards was also from the same people

I found a tidbit of info about it

"Two of the founders of BLAX & Generics, who now also stand behind HEAD SNOWBOARDS, became acquainted while working together at Mistral: Klaus Thurner and Charly Messmer.

In 1990/91, they acquired the license for Mistral Snowboards. One year later, they developed hardboots for the first time under the name of BLAX Hardboots. In 1993/94, the change from Mistral Snowboards was followed by the launch of the Generics Snowboards brand. In the following years, both of these brands were able to establish themselves on the snowboard market and were taken over by the HTM Group in 1999.

Up to now, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan have been the strongest markets for these products."