Note to New Members ×

Fun at Mammoth

garyj

What a great time it was Thursday and Friday at Mammoth. Rode with Mr. Sub on his new 4wd, which should have been mine, his buddy Greg, and my long time friend from work who lost his oatmeal :barf: because we were going hard to get the freshies on Friday. Mammoth gets tacked out way too fast, so the pressure was on to get it while it was good.

With lots new snow, Sunshine Ridge into Grizly on Lincoln Mtn. and the Avalanche shoots were the high light of the trip and perfect for the 4wd, but not quite deep enough for the 4807.

No one told Dave that he couldn't carve his new 181 4wd in all the new snow, so he was leaning over some very carve-like angles in the pow and looking quite stylish while doing it---and doing it in the steeps too. Way to go D-Sub!!! It was fun riding with you and Greg. We'll have to do it again soon. Hopefully be up again at the end of the month, maybe then.

oops...just saw this

yeah, it was good. Wed was one of the best days conditions wise Ive ever seen. It is amazing to me how fast that mountain gets tracked out, but we still found fresh until friday. Snow held up great, too

wasnt exactly a carving session, but some carves were had. Gary rips the choppy stuff quite effectively

that Prior was just a bit too long in the trees, especially for my out-of-shape body.

had a lot of fun, man. Dunno if I can do end of the month sposed to go to Bend/Bachelor...

Gary,

Yep. I'm still riding June/Mammoth every weekend. I missed the last one though because I tried to enter the USASA SL and GS race at Snow Summit. Too bad I ended up getting in a fender bender on the way and missed the race. It took me over 3 1/2 hours to get there :(... only 2 1/2 more hours and I'd be in Mammoth :0

No I still haven't run into Neil but maybe I'll see him at the Mammoth SES:) Then I will try to take the following week off for some mid week riding finally.

Tim