Note to New Members ×

do you push your knees together or apart in heelsides?

DiveBomber

Im playing around with my set up, just tilted the rear a bit more and less cant, the front has almost no cant and I just tilted it back a little more, seems to feel a little better, but then i was seeing how it felt with my knees together VS apart in a heelside (in my living room) and I think I liked it better trying to push my knees apart.

these are on catek OS1

I won't comment on whether or not it's faster, but pushing my knees together or apart just feels all wrong to me.

Why burn calories trying to bend the board into a different shape than the sidecut is going to give you for free? I'd rather just focus my energy on balancing and soaking up bumps.

Why burn calories trying to bend the board into a different shape than the sidecut is going to give you for free? I'd rather just focus my energy on balancing and soaking up bumps.

If you have flatter angles (like me, at 55/52), pushing your knees together or further apart twists the board torsionally (or, more specifically, if facing the nose, pushing my knees together prevents the board from twisting torsionally like it wants to), so it can definitely make a difference. In particular, I've noticed pushing the back knee in towards the front knee really helps the heelside turn on hard snow.