Note to New Members ×

TD2 Intec: steps too long? Any solution?

RicHard

Hello everybody.

I've got a pair of TD2 Intec bindings but I noticed that when I try to setup them, I can choose a setup that leaves my heel free to move a little or another setup that doesn't allow the pins to engage.

The right setup would be in the middle between the two but the TD2 has just "certain" holes (so positions).

I didn't have such trouble with F2 Intec since they have got a screw without interruptions.

With the intec system, if you don't lock properly the boot, a small "movement" takes place and make your feeling with the board go away.

Does any of you solved such problem? I mean: putting a sticker or something similar to make tha bail thicker in order to lock the boot better?

Thanks a lot for your answers,

regards.

I think I know what you mean, you can't put the toe/heel blocks in any position because the outline of the drilling is still in the grooves. I have the standard TD2, so it's not so much of a problem, but I would have liked it much better if that groove were smooth. I would try to dremel it, but I think it would need to be exact and I don't know how to accomplish that.

Hello everybody.

I've got a pair of TD2 Intec bindings but I noticed that when I try to setup them, I can choose a setup that leaves my heel free to move a little or another setup that doesn't allow the pins to engage.

The right setup would be in the middle between the two but the TD2 has just "certain" holes (so positions).

I didn't have such trouble with F2 Intec since they have got a screw without interruptions.

With the intec system, if you don't lock properly the boot, a small "movement" takes place and make your feeling with the board go away.

Does any of you solved such problem? I mean: putting a sticker or something similar to make tha bail thicker in order to lock the boot better?

Thanks a lot for your answers,

regards.

Ric,

Did you try using the fine adjustment on the toe block? unscrew the 2 shoulder bolts on the toe bails. With the bail loose, you will find that you can thread the end fittings on or off by several turns. I believe that each turn gives you approximately 1mm of adjustment. After having worked in the Demo tent this past week, I found that you could accomodate just about any boot setup with careful adjustment of those screws. MOST of the time, we didnt even have to go that far.

-Todd

Ric,

Did you try using the fine adjustment on the toe block? unscrew the 2 shoulder bolts on the toe bails. With the bail loose, you will find that you can thread the end fittings on or off by several turns. I believe that each turn gives you approximately 1mm of adjustment. After having worked in the Demo tent this past week, I found that you could accomodate just about any boot setup with careful adjustment of those screws. MOST of the time, we didnt even have to go that far.

-Todd

Thanks a lot for the tip!!!

I didn't know this and you can be sure about the fact that I'm trying it as soon as I will be at home!

That's a great news. :-D

Regards!

It's my understanding that you're not supposed to back the bails out of the lugs past the point where you can see the stepped-down (threaded) portion of the bail. And of course you can't screw the lugs in beyond the point where the bail protrudes through the bottom, else you won't be able to put the bolts back in.

This usually leaves me with only 1 or 2 threads of adjustment to work with. Is that typical?

I'd love to see longer lugs on the TD3, or even just an upgrade for the TD1/2.

(And maybe thicker bails, given some of the other threads around here lately.)