Note to New Members ×

8 Yr Old needs gear (new or used)

eaglez

....giving a call to the Alpine Ski Club rental shop in Collingwood, Ontario. I was just there last week with the USASA All American Team and when I was leaving the shop, I saw at least a couple of carving boards that seemed to be for sale. I was in a hurry to get tuning on the hill so I did not look closely at all. You never know.....

My 8 yr old thinks his Dad looks pretty cool ripping up the mountain and would like to get into it. There is nothing available in the Toronto area. Any info, leads, offers to sell equipment would be appreciated.

Thanks

Darren :biggthump

Darren:

Does the kid want to try racing next year? Check out the AOS recreational series at www.ontariosnowboarders.ca It's done for this year but will start up again in Jan. 07. It's a fun, relaxed atmosphere and he's got a good shot at a medal just for showing up. In the Under-10 category, I don't recall any riders on alpine gear (tough to find in those sizes as you know), so don't worry about equipment.

Shoot me an email if you want to be on the AOS mailing list.

Henry

there are a couple pairs of the burton kids race plates on ebay right now. I think they are in a buy it now store. do a search for hard boot bindings snowboard, snowboard racing bindings etc they will pop up. I have a set of burton variplates in a smaller size that I would sell for 35 dollars. what size feet does he have? I saw an older model nordica womens boot in a fairly small size at the local used sport store I can check if I know what size you need. They would run 30-40 bucks I think. boards might be as simple as any board you can find intially or the one he has if he already boards.

Darren:

yyzcanuck has a 149 Donek Pilot. Nice and soft. If your 8 year old is big and strong, the 149 might work. On the other hand, why not just get the kid started in softies? At the under-10 level, I don't recall any racers with hard boots in the Rec Series.

Henry

Has anyone from outside the USA ordered anything from klugriding.com??

I can't even see a "contact us" area on the site to ask if they ship outside USA.

Thanks

Darren :biggthump

Just try to order and see if there is a box where you enter the country.

I tried placing an order. In the Country field, USA is the only choice. There is no drop down menu to select another country. Seems weird that no one knows how to contact this company. The only contact seems to be service at Burton. I sent Burton an email asking for clarification if possible.

Darren