Note to New Members ×

June Mtn. March 11,12

Guest JLH

Erwin,

Good to hear. Have a safe drive up. We will be hitting weather on the way up (if you're heading up on Friday after work like I am) so be careful.

I have a feeling I might just end up riding at Mammoth (on my 4807 as well) if the weather is too nasty to drive over to June.

Yes, the plan is to drive to Mammoth after work on Friday. I get to be a passenger.

The friends I'm driving up with don't have much powder experience. So I think I'll be ditching them after the first run. Carving days are much more sociable.

Hah ditch them then hit the top. Lets hope its open, and I'll look for you on Daves or Climax. :biggthump

Look for another hard booter on a 4807, or that Coil you liked so much. :)

Lets hope 13/14 is open as well.

Neil,

You read my mind. My plan was to go to the top as soon as possible, and tell my friends I would wait at the bottom for a few minutes. If they couldn't keep up, I would ditch them.

I'm also bringing Gary's Burton Alp 171 to try out after all the pow gets tracked up. I liked your Coil so much, I'm willing to give the other Burton products a second look.

Carry your cell phone. I'll call you on the slopes. I'm assuming the # you gave me is your cell #.

I will be at June Sat and Sun probably at Mammoth. The friends I will be with are beg to beg-intermediate and they can't make up there mind where they want to ride, so a ditching may be in order. If there is powder I will probably switch to soft boots and ride a rad air tanker, if not I be on my coil or factory prime.

What is it like to ride hard boots down Dave's, the farthest up I have been is to the left of chair 9.

I'm also bringing Gary's Burton Alp 171 to try out after all the pow gets tracked up. I liked your Coil so much, I'm willing to give the other Burton products a second look.

Ohhhh, so thats how it is....NOW your willing to give Burton boards another chance, even after ordering a custom Donek---board snob! I guess you really don't have to own a Burton, you can continue to borrow Neil's and mine. :D

I'm bumbed I won't be up enjoying all this new snow with you guys. I look forward to the report when you get back. Have fun! GC

It just an AWESOME weekend. Nice fluffy pow at Mammoth on Sat. I was one the first 20 on chair 23. Rode the O-Sin for a few runs until all the pow was tracked up and then switched to the Burton Alp 171. Great all-mountain board for a lightweight rider.

Hit June on Sunday. Best carving conditions I've ever experienced :biggthump And Gunsmoke is dead (at least for carving). We mostly did laps on Deer Bowl (me and a friend I converted to alpine this season). Only saw one other carver -- Mike. I don't think he's a BOL member. Same Mike I met at the impromptu carver convention back in Jan.

Sounds like a good trip Erwin. Not as much snow as everyone was talking up??? Osin for Saturday then a great carving session today, what more could you ask for?

You in for thurs and friday? I don't have any definite takers as of right now, maybe one guy from worked who has proven to be flaky in times past. Hope the alp worked well. Let me know whats going on.

Hey Erwin,

Just got back in town. Sorry I missed your call. I forgot my charger so my phone has been dead and I only just now go your voicemail. Sounds like you had a great time! Visibility was crap for me both days at Mammoth. Went late both Sat and Sun due to work at the condo. Sat was zero vis and really chunky crud. Today was better, but visibility again went to crap as the day progressed. I probably should have met you over at June! :smashfrea

At Mammoth on Sat it was blue skies and early in the morning. weather/visibility went to crap around 1:00. I rode until 3:00.

At June on Sunday it was almost the same story. Blue skies early, then weather rolled in around 1:30. I rode until 2:30.

Gary's Burton Alp 171 rode very similar to the Burton Coil 165. The extra length and bigger sidecut on the Alp made it better for carving.

I'm now the proud owner of the Alp. So Neil, I won't bother you anymore about selling your Coil earlier than you wanted to.

I'll be in Vegas this coming weekend for a bachelor party. So I probably wont be back to Mammoth/June until April for the Expression Session :biggthump