Note to New Members ×

Price drop - Deeluxe Suzuka Mondo 27 hardboots with Thermoflex liner

chadx

Boots have sold.

---------------------------

'05 - '06 Deeluxe Suzuka Mondo 27 hardboots with Thermoflex liner. Will sell boots with original heels or intec heels (Intecs on boots now).

The 'shell test' said these mondo 27 were right on the boarder of working for me so I tried them. After a few days of riding, I've determined they are the slightest bit too large and I've replaced them with a mondo 26 Suzuka (I love that model!). The Suzuka for sale have only been ridden 6 days and that was light riding. This was my first boarding experience so I'm a beginner, hence the 'easy riding' compared to an experienced boarder cranking on them. Thermoflex liner has only been molded once so there are at least 5 more moldings left in them.

In January of this year, New Suzuka ran me $475 plus $55 intec heels = total $530 plus shipping. Since my boots have only been ridden 6 times, I hope to get around $320 with the original heels or $370 with the intec heel. Shipping additional (unless we discuss otherwise). I hate to lose too much money for only riding them 6 days, but if they don't fit me, they don't fit. I'll consider reasonable offers since this is the end of the season and may not be the best time to sell boots. If no reasonable offers, I'll wait and sell in the fall when the demand will be better.

Suzuka Info and pictures here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/deeluxe_susuka_04_05.cfm

Note: The enclosed picture is a 'factory glam shot', not of my specific boots.

My BOL email is enabled to please feel free to email me with questions or reasonable offers

Thanks,

Chad

post-2348-141842216026_thumb.jpg

I am interested in the boots, but I'm not sure how to make sure they fit. I measure 27.5 mondo, but my 27.5 Burton winds are horribly loose. I think slightly smaller would be a good thing. What size do your feet measure? Thank's Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Scott,

It really depends on your foot shape, how tight you like your boots, and possibly even how thick of socks you wear. My feet measure 27.2 and happen to curve exactly like the shell on Deeluxe boots. I also like the boots very snug and where a super thin sock. Hence my change to a mondo 26. These liners have only been molded one time, so they have about 5 more moldings in them. Again, these boots were only ridden 6 days. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

I'm lowering the price again because all the retailers are putting their boots on sale (though many do seem to be sold out of size 27). Now asking $320 with the original heels or $370 with the intec heels.

Again, these were only used 6 half-days, by a beginner-level boarder, before I realized they were a tad too large. Think of it like this...you demo a brand-new boot for 6 days and then buy them for a discount.

Possible partial trade for a like-new set of TD2 step-in or specific freecarve boards (ballpark specs of 180cm length, 18-19cm waist, 13m sidecut radius, flex rating for 175lb rider).

Thanks

I'm interested in your boots. How much do you figure to ship to zipcode 52405 using cheapest way.

However, what I'm most interested in is a ski boot that will also work reasonably well for alpine boarding. I'm really tired of going out west with soft boots, ski boots AND hard boots.

Brad

I'm interested in your boots. How much do you figure to ship to zipcode 52405 using cheapest way.

However, what I'm most interested in is a ski boot that will also work reasonably well for alpine boarding. I'm really tired of going out west with soft boots, ski boots AND hard boots.

Brad

Brad,

Since I couldn't email you I'll post this here. Although I would rather not sabotage anothers post I have no choice I guess. So sorry for hijacking this post.

Anyway, I guess the Raichle Flexon is being produced by Dalbello again. It's a ski boot that some use to carve in so that may work for you in reducing the boots you need to carry out west. Use <a href = "http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=6754&highlight=flexon">this link</a> for more information on the boot.

->Ben

Guest Burfman

chadx, you may have a buyer here... are they still for sale? Need to know more info...

If you measure your bare foot, how long from very back of your heel to your big toe?

What size shoe do you wear?

If these are too large on you by a bit, and your foot is smaller than mine, I'll be more interested.

Hi JB,

Yes they are still for sale.

The correct shell size really depends on your foot shape, how tight you like your boots, and possibly even how thick of socks you wear. My feet measure 27.2cm and happen to curve exactly like the shell on Deeluxe boots. I also like my boots VERY snug and wear a super thin sock. Hence my change to a mondo 26. My US street shoe size varies, but is usually a 9.5 or 10. I find that US sizes are useless for hardboot estimates, though. If I recall correctly, the Mondo 27 Deeluxe shell says US size 9. The sticker on my Mondo 26 Deeluxe shell, I now wear, says for US size 8! But again, this depends on the shape of ones feet (and not just the length) and how tight you like your boots. I must like a vice-like fit. Using mondo size (cm) will get you closer than US size.

The thermoflex liners have only been molded one time, so they have about 5 more moldings in them. Again, these boots were only ridden 6 days and other than some faint surface scuffs from sharing a backpack on the walk up to the mountain, they are like brand new. Let me know if you have any other questions. Also let me know if you are interested in them with the original heals (never used) or the Intec heals (currently on the boot).

These will ship with the unopened boot key and in the original Deeluxe box and that packed in a larger box.

Guest Burfman

Chadx, JB here...I wear a U.S. size 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe.

My foot is a little on the wide side though, and measures 26.7cm long- shorter than yours. If these boots are big on you, they may be worse on me, but they sound aweful close to being just about right. Were they too wide for you or too long?

I wear thin or med socks depending on the boot, so I may be able to compensate for width.

My ski boots are so tight I can hardly get my foot in there, so I know what you mean.

JB

JB,

I'm not sure how much of the 'oversize' was length and how much was width. Probably a combo. I have narrow feet and I was getting the tiniest bit of heel lift on my right foot (only my right foot). Some shin rubbing on that same side. My left foot, which measures the same length, was actually fine. My new mondo 26 have no heel lift or shin rubbing on either foot, but the inside of my big toe on each foot is a tiny bit tight (feels ever so slightly bruised after a week of riding), even though I put extra packing inside my toe-cup and between my toes while molding.

It's hard to say what will fit without molding them and riding. Or at least doing the 'shell test'. I'm taking a pretty good hit on the price since I bought them new, but that's part of finding something that fits just right. At least it was me taking the biggest depreciation hit. Also, most of the stores/websites are out of mondo 27, so even though they are now discounting, it would be hard to find this size. My asking price is a fair amount cheaper than those anyway, though.

Hey Chad...

I've already got a set of hardboots but was thinking of buying&trying yours BUT it sounds like you may have a more serious buyer.

If Barfman ( oops... Burfman :rolleyes: ) wants them I will step aside. Anyway, it sounds like my foot is just a bit smaller than you guys.

Best Regards,

Brad

No worries, Brad.

And for all interested parties, things seem to go easier when I use my usual standing of "They are not sold until the money is in my hand". In the past, I've had too many "I'll take them" and then the buyer backs out. Doesn't seem to be too much of an issue on this board, though. But still, until someone says they'll take them AND the money has been sent, all for sale items are up for grabs.

:biggthump

Note I'm also selling a pair of TD1 Step-in with two second-board kits:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=10759

Shipping can be combined.

• 3 weeks later...

To answer a few of the emails that I've received recently, the boots are still available (as are the TD1 Step-in bindings in my other post), but I'll be out of town until April 18th. I will only have access to email every few days, at the most, while on the road.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...