Note to New Members ×

possiblly a new hardbooter

scotts.Scheinman

Well, i have friend who wanted to try alpine boarding. He would always tell me he wanted to try it. On saturday he tried it. I let him use my stuff for a few rund. granted the boots were like 2 sizes too small he liked the sport. I tried to explain that the softboot carving and hardboot carving were diffrent. he skid turned. I am not going to lie i tried softbooting for the first time in a long time. I couldnt glide. it is harder to get on and off the lift. I had an eaiser time going fakie than regular?!? (yeah i dont get it either). After one run my friend really liked it.He understand why us hardbooters like hardboots and our equipment. should i coax him into it even more? one little problem , he really likes terrain

something about going back to a soft boot set up and the way we hold our bodies makes the damn things go backwards better than forwards. move the bindings forward on the board it seems to fix the fakie thing. also they don't edge as much and the tune is sometimes off on the rear edges. you notice because you are used to feeling the edges.