Note to New Members ×

need help choosing boot bag with backpack straps

peter_x

If good straps are what you want...buy a backpack. make sure it is big enough to put yopur boots in. or you can do what most racers do: Buy a back pack that will hold all of your gear, and then strap your boots together with the velcro power straps, and hang them over the pack once it is on...

Sinecure: Which model do you have? Only the high-end one ($80) has the waistband. I don't know how stable the other ones are.

I have the biggest one. Friends have multiples. They have the big one for the adults and the smaller ones for the kids. I never use the belt and I find it plenty stable for walking to/from the car with just the shoulder straps.

Here's the one I have:

TRV-SKI-red.jpg

I bought it on sale at the end of last season. I want to say I paid around $50-60 for it.

Oh.. you don't actually board with it? That's what I was wondering.

Hell no. The thing is big. If you want a pack you can ride with, get a traditional backpack and just strap your boots to it like Noah suggested. I figured you wanted something good for schlepping boots and other basics around the village/parking lot/house.

I rarely ride with a backpack, but when I do, it is a narrow Burton one that holds a board reasonably well. I'm much more likely to need to carry a board on my back than boots if I'm riding.

ok, thanks for the info. I initially thought it would be a good idea since I could put my sneakers in the boot pouches while I rode. I suppose I could just find a way to put them in a regular back pack without getting everything dirty.