Note to New Members ×

Huge # Of Hardbooters In The Snowboard Cross

Bricky

Carvers,

There must be 35% hardbooters in the Olympic Snowboard Cross Men's eliminations. One 4 man heat had 3 hardbooters and the softbooter in last place fell.

The annoncer is repeatedly discussing the differences between the setups.

They did a slow motion, tight finish, closeup of 2 competitors finishing

1 & 2 and they both clearly had hardboots.

The Silver Medalist was on Hardboots.

Millions of viewers are saying, "I think I saw a couple of Snowboarders at the mountain last weekend with boots like that. "

Bricky

Carvers,

There must be 30% hardbooters in the Olympic Snowboard Cross Men's eliminations. One 4 man heat had 3 hardbooters and the softbooter in last place fell.

The annoncer is repeatedly discussing the differences between the setups.

Millions of viewers are saying, "I think I saw a couple of Snowboarders at the mountain last weekend with boots like that. "

Bricky

About time!

I went to the local ski shop-yes, there's plenty down here in Houston(where would we get our gear before we invade CO and UT?)-to get another pair of Superfeet for my shoes. I had already put my old pair in my boots. I talked with one of the boot fitters and we couldn't agree if I needed a C or a D. He asked me to bring my boots to the store. This place also sells Burton, Ride and K2 snowboards.

He was completely charged when I showed back up with Lemans in hand

"do you ride forward, with steep angles?"

Turns out he skis and rides.

The kid restocking looked all over the boots-completely fascinated.

I went ahead and got molded insoles....

While there, I watched a teenager come in with no idea what he wanted. Walked out with Burton boots, Burton Cartel bindings and a Burton Custom X-maybe I should sell snowboards to kids down here! -BLING-

exposure is great, but would i'd be happier if a hb'er won. then some younger folks may take more of an interest.

I had been the only harbooter at a small area in southern MN. This season, 4 kids ages 9-14 have converted to hardboots. They have not been on a freestyle deck since. Kinda cool....... :biggthump:biggthump

today, as i got on the lift, i heard some kids talking behind me how my board is a boarder x board. I'm excited now that more people know about alpine and I also noticed that barely anyone asked me any questions about my board. Usually i get 4-5 people talking to me everytime i go out.

Yeah it is good to see the hardbooters in the Olympics. Many folks I know aren't even aware of SBX or haven't seen what an alpine snowboard look like. :eek:

Just to remind some folks here the the GS is this Wednesday (4-5 pm) and Thrusday (8pm-11pm) . So have your VCR ready if you got to work. :D

Should be cool to watch! :eplus2:

Guest WC Rider

I noticed there were lot hardboots, its great! you dont see nearly as many in an X-Games boarder cross race...

But did y'all notice that they're all on quite race-y boards?

Personally, I'd rather ride my hard boots on something like an Alp or a 4x4 in a boarder cross... something a little more stable, a little more forgiving and a little wider for the jumps...

But that's probably because I've been riding an Alp at Whistler for the past 5 years and have yet to find terrain I can't ride but for the fear..