Note to New Members ×

Need New Board/Binding Recommendations

Guest kestrel

Guest kestrel

I am finally (reluctantly) hanging up my 175cm, Avalanche "Damien Dagger". Yesterday was the forth time in 11 years on the board that I blew up its Emery (seperarte Heel/Toe) bindings and near as I can figure nobody is making the those type of bindings anymore. And from what little I have seen nobody makes that kind of board anymore.

I need you guys/gals opinion on how to best match this old Avalanche/Emery set up with ???/Bomber Bindings

Here are my Specs:

36 years old

6'4"

235 lbs.

Size 14 US. Ski Boots (Yes Ski Boots- I go both ways)

I assume Bomber Bindings accept normal Ski boots?

I need a board to match the bindings - something bomb proof and wide and rigid.

I ride all kinds of terrain (other than pipes) in the backcountry and on the local hills.

cost doesn't matter (not because I am rich, but because I don't mind paying for stuff that lasts)

any help you guys could give would be much appreciated!

Thanks

t.

Look at the Donek Axis or maybe Prior 4WD (or maybe even an ATV which is a bit wider than 4WD). Call Sean at Donek and ask what he suggests, he's great for that stuff. He may also have a mold for a wider Axis if necessary for your war canoe feet.

You won't find snowboard hard boots for that size foot so you are definitely going to want Bomber or Catek bindings with traditional bails. Both are basically bomb-proof. You can search the threads on here for comparisons of the pros/cons of each.

t.

Get in touch with RJ at exotic boards and check out the link below for a Tanker Crown Oversize (wide board)...or he may be getting some of the newer ones, but with your feet and the type of riding you want to do, any of the tanker oversize/wides will do. they come in 167, 177, and 187. here is a link to the crown at RJ's shop.

http://www.exoticboards.com/catalog/item/2411530/2442537.htm

cheers,

sandy