Note to New Members ×

Burton Plates issue

eastcoasterlm

The slightly off-center piece is a mechanism which allows you to replace the steel bail if/when it fails. Slide the small plastic piece out from the toe assembly, remove the broken bail, and slide in a new wire bail. Slide the plastic piece back in and you're ready to go.

As Alexeyga says, it should cause you no problem, but if you like your bindings symmetrical, you can gently tap the small plastic piece so that it is centered on the toe clip.

Guest owaysys

As someone who's ridden Burton plates for a long about 8 years, I strongly recommend buying some extra toe and heel bails from Burton and switching them out periodically (based on how much you ride). They're fairly cheap, and although I haven't bought any in a couple of years, I would guess they still have some in stock. They're pretty cheap, and with all of this noise about binding failure flying around, it's a small price to pay for piece of mind. Toe bails come as an assembly that includes the plastic piece you're worried about attached to the steel bail. Heel bails come with the steel bail and the flat plastic piece that is sandwiched between the steel screw-down block and the base plate. Wish I could show you pictures, but my extras are at the hill. You can find contact info for rider services at www.burton.com.

You won't have any luck getting spare parts through Burton. Burton abandoned their alpine program years ago and ever since parts have gotten harder and harder to get. I suggest ride the hell out of them. Being one a hard boot set up a handfull of time, you are far away from needing any spare parts.

Thanks for the help guys! I was going to buy some extra bails but I was planing on buying some TD2's next season I just bought the plates to learn on more or less. I would just keep them but I allways here they tend to break and aren't safe so that has me worried.Is there anything to look for in terms of wear and tear, these guys have been used about 10 times total so I am sure they have at least another 20 days before I need to worry?:confused:

Thanks for the help guys! I was going to buy some extra bails but I was planing on buying some TD2's next season I just bought the plates to learn on more or less. I would just keep them but I allways here they tend to break and aren't safe so that has me worried.Is there anything to look for in terms of wear and tear, these guys have been used about 10 times total so I am sure they have at least another 20 days before I need to worry?:confused:

You don't sound like somebody in need of spare parts for at least a couple of seasons.... :) Stop worrying so much, get out and ride!!!! :biggthump

Guest owaysys

you'll probably get about 100 days out of those bindings before you even need to think about it, so no worries