Note to New Members ×

Plentiful Hardboots

Guest FPabuzr

Guest FPabuzr

After weeks of searching far and wide for a pair of worthwhile hardboots for my board I gave in and bought a pair of ski boots. But as they still haven't come I have sort of given up on them and went searching for alpine snowboard hardboots again.

Finally I have come up with something. Although it might not be practical to everyone out there looking for boots due to shipping charges it is definately worth taking a look at this.

http://listings.ebay.de/plistings/highest/all/category22199/index.html?from=R4

Since there is a super shortage of harboots in America I have turned to eBay Deutschland. They actually have a section in the snowboarding boots category called "hardboots" with 400 to browse through. It's incredible as long as you are willing to pay more for shipping. I found a pair of awesome boots for an awesome price and the seller was willing to ship them to America for me.

Also, just as a note: if you are already an eBay member in the USA you can use that account for the above listed eBay auctions.

Guest woodman

the exchange rate for currency is higher. The Euro to Dollar ratio isn't that good (1.00 to 1.28 on average) and you can end up paying steep shipping charges based on the sellers experience or volume. Average shipping price for those willing to ship to the USA should only be between 29-39 Euros (about $40-$50.00) for boots, any higher than that and you're being gouged. DHL is the prefered shipper and they are quick and reliable (Blue Tomato uses them) They do have lots of great buys, but you must ask about shipping to the USA before bidding. I can e-mail or post a list of the names/e-mails of those I already have found out will ship to USA if anybody is interested. I've had good experiences so far, but as with any e-bay purchase there is risk involved. Use AltaVistas translator service to translate the web site for you, it's easy, you just copy and paste the address into the web translator and away you go.....

Good carving,

Paul

I've had some great luck over in Germany, since I know the German fluently, if I can't find what I'm looking for in the US, my 2nd spot to look is ebay.de. I have bought 4 different items in Germany over the last few years. I just picked up some AF 700's used once for $180 and paid 30 Euro's for shipping. As long as the seller is willing to ship to the US, always ask that first before bidding. Payment has been more of a problem, most people don't use PayPal, plus the site is only in English. I did send out a Certified Check, but you'll have to up the cost, they get hit with a fee to convert and deposit the check. If any one needs help translating, I can help out.

• 11 months later...
Guest Tiptoptune

I think Bomber (the nice folks that have this site for us) has plenty of boots in the US. I have gotten the short end of deal with misrepresented boots on e-bay and e-bay is no help and has no guarantee.

• 2 weeks later...

D-sub, I have the vectors. Have only had 4 days on them. So far so good. Still trying to get comfortable on them but I already like them better than my Raichles. I had custom footbeds in them so those made a difference. The buckes on the the heads are way better than Raichle's.

I got these boots new last spring on US Ebay. Some retailer in utah (I think) was selling them. I haven't seen this model sold here in the states. It could be an older model. Read alpinecarving.com. He gives a good description on the various levels of head boots. I think the vectors are probably their highend freecarve boot and not a raceboot. I don't think he spoke too well of the Cirrus though. Seems like international ebay is the only way to get these or other head/blax models.