Note to New Members ×

Need carving help? Call Mark Harris!

Guest AllMountain

Guest AllMountain

i'd like to put in a brief plug here for coach mark harris.

new to carving, i was looking for some instruction in the spokane/coeur d'alene area, and got in touch with mark through bomberonline.com. i hired him for some private coaching and had an excellent experience. he provided instruction, drills, equipment tuning, troubleshooting, etc., all tailored to my specific situation. i went from a rudimentary knowledge and marginal competence in carving to linking solidly locked-in carves over the course of two days. of course, i still have a long way to go, but i have a solid, clean foundation to build on that i know will serve me well for the rest of my carving career.

mark is an accomplished racer and racing coach, who was recently named ussa domestic snowboard coach of the year. he does not have a formal private lesson business, but he is willing to take on private students on an occasional basis. you can contact him through bomberonline.com (user id "snowcoach") and work out scheduling and financial arrangements with him.

i can't recommend mark highly enough. i'm sure i'll want to hire him again in the future. here's a bomber thread where others have expressed appreciation for mark's teaching: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653

Guest Randy S.

I'll second that recommendation. Mark was one of 3 coaches at our Summer Carve Camp at Mt. Hood (put on by snowperformance). He was awesome. It is good to hear that he's great at both the beginner and advanced ends of the spectrum.

Mr. Harris. You are such a humble and sometimes quiet man with not only such a great knowledge and understanding of this sport you also possess a great ability to convey it to others. (He was also the rave of our group at Sun Peaks this past December).

Now if that does not embarrass you then nothing will.

kt

PS. My new Coiler 178PR rocks, so thanks to you too Bruce. (more on that later)

I went to the same camp Randy went to. Mark was excellent, as were the other coaches, at nailing down my (many) technical issues, but I think where he really separated himself from other instructors or coaches was the ability to get me in the right state of mind. He literally improved my riding 100% with two or three sentences, none of which had to do with weighting, unweighting, angulation, rotation, inclination, or anything as dry as that. It was all about calming me down, getting me in the right frame of mind, and loosening me up. The difference between the runs before and after (and still carrying over to today) was dramatic.

Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, thanks for the kind words! It was great working with each of you, lets do it again. Randy,Ken I would love to get more time on snow with you guys, come out for the SunPeaks camp in March so we have a whole mountain to run on. Think about it George. KT, I'll see you there, your attendence is mandatory. (see if we can break another board). -Mark