Note to New Members ×

Donek axis opinions

Guest letsgo

Guest letsgo

I am looking at getting an all mountain board. Live in the northeast but occasionally ride out west. Any New Englanders out there have this board? If so how do you find it and what length would you recomend. Thanks

I have a 172 axis, I love it. I ride this board the most out of my boards ( I have a freecarve II and a nidecker soft set up)

Seems to be very friendly no matter the condtions, carves well and goes in the steeps and bumps.

did you see the board reviews and try the search function? some decent reviews, and TONS of discussion on the Axis here.

honest to god not trying to be a smartass, but there might be folks who simply dont want to post _again_ on this topic who already have.

I rode an 82 a few days last year. loved it on groomed, loved it on chop, loved it on 12" of fresh, but was a little uneasy in the trees. a bit too long imo.

Guest toddflyingdog

I have two, and hardly ride anything else....

Had my 162 Axis in the chutes of Copper Bowl today. And then after three laps we killed the groomers. The Axis does it all. I ended up 13th in the Open class dual slalom last year at USASA nationals on the 162 Axis, but crashed in the boardercross which is really what I picked out the Axis for...

I can't say enough good things about the Axis.

I have been really glad that I went with the 162 because it performs like a much larger board without the weight.

I am working up to ordering a super Axis 162 with the Olympic core upgrade.

But am not sure the extra cost is necessary....

PS D-Sub, any one riding on of these Doneks will surely be glad to post another :biggthump even though you correctly point out that extensive reviews for most boards exist

yeah, youre probably right, although there certainly are people that don't want to type yet again :) but then again...we like talking about our boards, dont we.

Hey, you're not the only post whore on this board - although you're going to pass me (again) soon!

The original post mentions ridding out east which I have no knowlege of, but would like to throw in my two cents

I picked up an Axis 172 early in the season and haven't ridden anything else since. I can't find anything this board will not do well. I've ridden it in all conditions, speeds, and terrain including trees and bumps and it absolutely rocks. I enjoy havig a stack of boards to choose from every time I head out the door, but if I could only have one the Axis would be it. If anyone out there knows of an all mountain ride that compairs, I would like to hear about it.