Note to New Members ×

TD2 question

peter_x

Today was my first day riding alpine. I have MP30 boots and TD2's. I got the feeling on the slope that my feet were too far to the toe side. I moved back the heel bails as far as they would go (and moved in the toe bails), but I still feel I have too much toe overhang. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do. If I didn't have the 3D hole system, I could have moved the center disk to the heel side, but the board is a Burton. What can I do?

but I still feel I have too much toe overhang.

I can believe you, since with my burton fire and Td2, my toe piece is 2mm far from the most short position it can support (the toe pieces cover one screw that fix the plate on the center disc). i'm lucky because 2mm separate me from the overhang of the toe.

I think we are still talking about the same problem of the TD2: the space occupied from the toe lever/bail is very big...

I still hope there will be an "official" solution to this (without making custom modification that could invalidate the warranty).

or get intec, if you have burton boots retract the heel and you can move that boot all over the place with a intec setup

though I could be wrong, I bet its all in your head, just spend a few days riding with the boot centered.

Find the center of the boot and alingn that with the center of the board. You should be able to make it happen. Then adjust angles so you won't boot out. Remember newer riders can ride with some boot overhang because they will not be able to get the edge angle to boot out yet.

RicHard: If my feet were that small, I wouldn't have the problem. Even with size 29 I think I would be ok.

bobdea and philfell: It isn't the overhang that's the problem, it's the bias. I don't think that it is in my head, because I have had experienced the same problem with freeride setups and worked around it by moving back the heelcup and moving the disks. They aren't Burton boots, they are Raichle 413's and I don't want to get Intecs if I can help it.

Today was my first day riding alpine. I have MP30 boots and TD2's. I got the feeling on the slope that my feet were too far to the toe side. I moved back the heel bails as far as they would go (and moved in the toe bails), but I still feel I have too much toe overhang. There doesn't seem to be anything I can do. If I didn't have the 3D hole system, I could have moved the center disk to the heel side, but the board is a Burton. What can I do?

Can you take a photo of the boot in the bindings from a couple angles. Side , front, top. This could help a great deal in getting the basis of the problem. It sounds like you recogonise an issue, photos would help us solve it. It may be obvious if we can see it.

Good luck. Keep on carving!!

RicHard: If my feet were that small, I wouldn't have the problem. Even with size 29 I think I would be ok.

Uhmmm... there's something that sounds strange.

If the foot is short, it's more probable to stress the "most inside" position of the toe/heel bails.

With a long foot, I think you have to use the more external ones... and the limit of the most internal position should not be reached.

Are you sure that the holes on your board are ok?

I mean...years ago, I had 2 Nidecker and 1 Nitro board changed due to the binding holes shifted about 1cm toward the left edges! And I was getting crazy with the binding mounting. Could it be the case? Have you measured if the holes are centered on the board?

Regards,

_RicHard