Note to New Members ×

board shops in Tokyo?

~tb

alright, you locals that complain about shops with only skinny boards. . . .where are those shops? I have 48 hours left in tokyo and would like to check one or two out.

Pretty good with a map . . . but having section of town and two cross streets would really help. Currently in Shinjuku in the Keio Plaza hotel.

shotty access to e-mail, so post here.

~tb

alright, you locals that complain about shops with only skinny boards. . . .where are those shops? I have 48 hours left in tokyo and would like to check one or two out.

Pretty good with a map . . . but having section of town and two cross streets would really help. Currently in Shinjuku in the Keio Plaza hotel.

shotty access to e-mail, so post here.

~tb

Ochanimizu train stop, go downhill, I think it's the smaller Victory sports that has alpine boards...there is at least one "small" shop that carry's alpine gear but I don't remember where it is (I always just found it).

Yep, Ochanomizu train stop (on either the Chuo or Sobu lines), which is only about 15 minutes from Shinjuku. Walk south, down the hill until you get to the big main street. You'll see it all there.

There are about 4 different Victoria Sports stores in Ochanomizu, but the one with alpine gear is cunningly re-named "Viento". It has the best range.

Also check out "Himaraya", which also has alpine gear. It's on the other side of the road from Viento.

On the same side of the road as Viento is a small basement shop called "Nippin", which has alpine gear. And directly above Nippin, on the 4th(?) floor is a place that sells Bombers, Deeluxe hard boots, and all sorts of off-beat snow equipment. Take the elevator up. It's a pretty cool shop, but not cheap.

Say hello to Tokyo for me. I miss it.

Yep, Ochanomizu train stop (on either the Chuo or Sobu lines), which is only about 15 minutes from Shinjuku. Walk south, down the hill until you get to the big main street. You'll see it all there.

There are about 4 different Victoria Sports stores in Ochanomizu, but the one with alpine gear is cunningly re-named "Viento". It has the best range.

Also check out "Himaraya", which also has alpine gear. It's on the other side of the road from Viento.

On the same side of the road as Viento is a small basement shop called "Nippin", which has alpine gear. And directly above Nippin, on the 4th(?) floor is a place that sells Bombers, Deeluxe hard boots, and all sorts of off-beat snow equipment. Take the elevator up. It's a pretty cool shop, but not cheap.

Say hello to Tokyo for me. I miss it.

Viento is gone now (the old store was empty when I went last march)...they were a division of Victory and have been reabsorbed and had a sign up saying which store to go to :( They mostly sell F2, some Head and Ogasaka manufactured boards (almost everything in japan is made by Ogasaka great manufactuing) I hadn't seen any R17's in the last year and a half until I went to Wrentham last week. Nippin was the store I was thinking of and the upstairs was also good though I only ever walked in there once (really by accident). I miss Tokyo too...though having my own house

is going to make up for it though.