Note to New Members ×

Oxygen Protons

dirk109

I have a 172 and a 178 Oxygen Protron and I really like them both. They are from vintage '02 or '03. I don't know if the new ones are different. The ones I have are solid, hold on ice and smooth. I compared them to different boards at SES 05 and the Oxygens held their own.

I have a 172; I think it's from the '01/'02 season. (Black with red and white graphics.) I love it - has great edge hold and is very damp. It's very forgiving of operator error too - overall I think it's a great board.

I have a 172 and a 178 Oxygen Protron and I really like them both. They are from vintage '02 or '03. I don't know if the new ones are different. The ones I have are solid, hold on ice and smooth. I compared them to different boards at SES 05 and the Oxygens held their own.

yup, Tim likes his 172 for sure. rides it like it's his bitch.

This thing is quick... well you should move quickly on it ;)

Good to know they are back. I was looking for their replacement, but Iin this case I will get a new 160 SL to replace my beaten old board.

Anyway, I hope to move to freeride in softies for some time (1-2 years)... occasionally in hardboots.