Note to New Members ×

I (Cant) figure it Out?

Guest Tem73

I will be Buying either catex oR td2 step ins, but the td2 you need to order the degree cant, i thought the cant is adjustiable on these, I Know that catex are cant adjustable. So why do i need to order a degree cant on td2 if the cants are adjustiable?

Thanks

catek, not catex.

the bomber cant vs lift adjustment is done by rotating the plate around the center disk. you can therefore get varying degrees of cant and lift. the catek bindings use bolts to tilt the binding in whatever direction you want.

honest to god if you search for catek vs TD2 or bomber you will find more information than you probably want to read.

the new catek looks quite impressive but IMO seems to have even more parts than before.

basic premise is this:

if you want a truly suspended binding with plenty of cant/lift options, go with bomber. if you want literally infinite, unlimited, 100% variable cant and lift, totally independent of each other go with catek

that is an oversimplification obviously, but it works.

Ok, Thanks for the replys, Heres my style at the hills in crusty but trusty Minnesota land, I go to Extreme Carve, Bomb Straight down extreme carves at the bottom, Im always trying to get as close as my body will get to the hill.

I've read some more about the cants and lifts it seems people who want to EC

want 0 cant 0 lift just flat, What would you say?, Im looking at the suzuka deelux boots if that matters?

Thanks Again,

Dust on crust.

"I've read some more about the cants and lifts it seems people who want to EC

want 0 cant 0 lift just flat, What would you say?"

I think that this is a slight overgeneralization. Lets say all the EC guys were using boot cuffs that were fully canted in. This would be painful and ineffective for a large portion of us. a boot fitter sets your cuff cant to match your biomechanics. Similarily, one should set their bindings to match their biomechanics and boots. Both the Catek and the Bomber allow for this level of adjustment. The catek allows you to tweak a little more readily than the bomber. The bomber is a little more rugged.

Personally, I am still on the Cateks. I just havent gotten as comfortable on the bombers (yet). I think that its all between my ears though.

I find that from day to day, condition to condition(temperature to temperature), I tweak my cants and my lifts on my cateks on hill. This is where the catek is superior. Something doesnt feel right, you can fix it quick and easy. Down side. . . you find you are always tweaking stuff while the guys on bombers are getting another run in! Pay off, the next run you come back and lay down a turn that none of you would have been able to prior to your adjustment.

They both rock. you like to tweak . . . get the cateks. You want to set it and forget it, get the bombers.

you want the bombers but dont know what cants to get. . . go fiddle around on a set of cateks, get as comfortable as possible, measure them, and order your cants.

just my thoughts.

~tb