Note to New Members ×

Flow Binding Pin Help!

ike

My brother has a Flow Amp 05 , (its says on the binding "ampo5fs")

A couple of times now the back binding has had the clips holding in the pin fall out. When they fall out, it lets the pin slide in and out, causing the binding to on it's own open up.

We know that the reason why it's the back binding only because thats the binding that gets the most use.

We have called flow, and found out that they make a fix, it uses a long bolt witha nut, instead of the pin/clip sytem, but that fix is only the the pro. they dont plan on making any fixes for this model, and we need some help if anybody has any

in the pictures below there is:

(1) the bad binding [up close at the pin, *note no clips are in]

(2) the actual bidning

(3) the good binding, with clips...

post-2151-141842209382_thumb.jpg

post-2151-141842209384_thumb.jpg

post-2151-141842209387_thumb.jpg

Why not do the same? Pull the pin, measure the diameter, go to a good hardware store (one that actually carries a good selection of bolts... something like an ACE), buy a stainless steel bols with a shoulder the same diameter as the pin, and long enough to fit through the assembly and still put a nut on. It really should not be that difficult to match Flows fix.

I dont think I've ever heard of so many problems with any bindings like Flows. just seems endless...cables snapping, pins falling out...the list goes on and on...

Maybe so, but compare that to the number of straps that have broken on other manufacturers bindings.

I've had Flows since the day of the Meatball and the sperm logo (those that know Flow know what I mean) and have Never had a failure. I taught in them the last three years and would never ride anything else on a soft setup. And come on with the straps not breaking on other bindings. Look down in the snow on any day with below zero temps and the slopes are littered with them. I've sent dozens of lessons back to the rental shop for replacement straps each year. I know rentals are a bad example but they aren't the only ones that are in the shop. I'd swear by my Flows (if you can't tell). Nothing holds you to the board as solid and comfortably.

I've had Flows since the day of the Meatball and the sperm logo (those that know Flow know what I mean) and have Never had a failure. I taught in them the last three years and would never ride anything else on a soft setup. And come on with the straps not breaking on other bindings. Look down in the snow on any day with below zero temps and the slopes are littered with them. I've sent dozens of lessons back to the rental shop for replacement straps each year. I know rentals are a bad example but they aren't the only ones that are in the shop. I'd swear by my Flows (if you can't tell). Nothing holds you to the board as solid and comfortably.

always strikes me as odd what makes people come out the woodwork

and..durace...re-read D.T.'s post...he's sayin that other bindings break too