Note to New Members ×

Snowboarders only resort?

Hugh

As there are a few "skier only" resorts for many years now. When is someone going to open a "snowboarders only" resort with beginner, intermediate and pro level parks and pipes. Carving runs with killer grooming that gets re-groomed at mid day.

Your comments?

Hugh

p.s. Boreal doesn't count :flamethro

My friends and I did so almost a decade ago in Waterville NH. It went great in till some one at corprate S.K.I decided to let skiiers come out and play. 2 skiers suffered major injuries in the first day they were allowed and shut us down. :(

That would be a nice concept but i dont think it would fly. Skiiers always get what they want.

Even though they are fast approaching being the minority on the mountain

:eek:

Side note there used to be a resort near Snow Valley at Big Bear that was board only but I think it died

Even though they are fast approaching being the minority on the mountain

:eek:

Side note there used to be a resort near Snow Valley at Big Bear that was board only but I think it died

I remeber an older guy i sometimes snowboard with telling me about it, as far as i know it did close down

I remember about a little over a decade ago. My senior year in high school, going to Loon's Park that Steve Ash built on the Northstar run. They had a gap jump about halfway down and a skier undershot or something. I honestly do not know how they did it. But they landed in the gap and kind of bounced around. I never saw them in the park again. Weren't hurt or anything but it was a bit comical because when they hit, a ski or pole or goggles or whatnot would fly up in the air. And I'm watching from the top of the park thinking they must be dead. LOL! Sorry, I digress. I'm trying to think of the park at Waterville. I skied Loon every day and Waterville every other weekend about. Whereabouts was the park? Do you mean the one over toward the right as you're looking up the quad? It was a few trails over? Because that had a lovely gap in it. I had a 173 Rossi Throttle I got from Butch at Joe Jones in those days. LOL!

Take care,

Jager

You nailed it Bob.

Thats the spot, for a litttle while we even set race courses on 2 trails a SL and a GS. Plus plenty of big booters! And rails.

Jager, Steve and I were old riding partners. That gap was so good Lots of us..Ash included used to invert it on race boards. Thoose were the days. Butch was always around also. I am sure he got that rossi from Billy Enos.

I ran the WV snowboard school from 93-95. And had so much fun at Snows and the park on techumsa(sp). My roommate was the park groomer and would build us the sickest hits!! He went on to work for stimilon park contractors (no limits backwards) then on to build jumps for the grand prix big air comps. He and Ash would make the best "secert hits" Take off on one table land on the other etc. On of my other roommates was one of the first girls to try the loon gap. She snapped her wrist to the point of severel surgieries.

Man big jumps rock! :biggthump

Bordy, who are you? You know Stevie? I remember Steve flipping that thing. He was one of the people who used to help me when I was having trouble riding. Oh my Lord, you may even know me. LOL! I'm hearing that damn Disney "It's a Small World" song. I'm Slim, as Steve used to call me. I made have been on that weird board with the channel thing. It was a little board though. I hadn't started on the big boards yet. This is hella weird. I was just a tall skinny girl back then in hard boots. Rode with Jerard from Lahout's and his friend Todd, Steve when he was with them, and Jim. Strange. I'll have to try to remember the name of the company that made that board because it was a strange little thing. The company rep gave it to me. So strange! LOL!

No freakin' way! This is all twilight zone and crap now! Now, I'm hearing that music. It's all good though. I ain't no scared! Ring a bell for anyone? LOL!

I have to get to bed, y'all! Take care and I'll check back tomorrow. And, maybe some of the east coast people can get together sometime. Take care, Jager!

No freakin' way! This is all twilight zone and crap now! Now, I'm hearing that music. It's all good though. I ain't no scared! Ring a bell for anyone? LOL!

I have to get to bed, y'all! Take care and I'll check back tomorrow. And, maybe some of the east coast people can get together sometime. Take care, Jager!

Do you remember the "Bone Yard" on Mount Tecumseh at Waterville back in '89 ? I think it was the first park (besides Stratton in '85) and there were like 10 parks in the entire world. Dave Olcott and Stimilon were awesome. Air & Style contests under the lights.Building halfpipes before there were pipe dragons.