Note to New Members ×

Slight Boot assistance needed

Gleb

Gleb,

Are you sure these are the right size for you? Did you shell fit yet. If the answer is yes, try changing your footbed. (Superfeet work well, just be sure to step on it before you buy, to make sure its comfortable) By changing your footbed the arch should shorten the length of your foot creating more room inside the boot. Good luck!

I recieved my burton Winds the other day and my toes are a little cramped in the Liners. Are the liners i have safe for the oven for a few minutes to stretch them out?

If they are stock liner you are going to need one size larger than your mondo size. Also it's not safe for the oven. I also use Winds(have two pair) and their liners really suck. You will suffer with stock liners so just go get a pair of moldable liner. You won't notice the pain until you ride them. Other than the liner, they are really good boots. Good luck :biggthump

Gleb,

Are you sure these are the right size for you? Did you shell fit yet. If the answer is yes, try changing your footbed. (Superfeet work well, just be sure to step on it before you buy, to make sure its comfortable) By changing your footbed the arch should shorten the length of your foot creating more room inside the boot. Good luck!

Well when i just put on the liners, it feels really tight, like my toes will fall asleep after 20 min. When i put the boot on, the pressure is slightly less. The boots are mondo size 26, i believe. when i step on a ruler, i measure about 26.25-26.5ish. I can't really make my foot bed arch because I am somewhat flat footed and I'm pretty sure it will cause more discomfort. I love these boots and defintly want to keep them. My other idea is to try to get thinner liners.

btw, these are the boots

I can supposedly stretch them for $30-60 at my ski shop but I don't know if its worth it.

If they are stock liner you are going to need one size larger than your mondo size.

:confused::eek::eek::eek::nono::nono::nono::confused:

that makes no sense at all

gleb

do NOT put the liners in the oven, bro. you could either find yourself some moldable liners (intuition, thermoflex...others are available but can be quite expensive) or have the boots stretched a bit

please, read this and check:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/sizing_chart.cfm

ignore all the liner stuff for now as you dont have moldables. you want to pull the liner out, and put your foot in the boot shell without the liner in there. how much space is behind your heel? if you can get _at least_ 1 finger stacked in that space (without your toes crammed into the front) and no more than two fingers, you should be just fine on shell size.

ever single pair of boots Ive ever had hurt my feet a little when just wearing them around. get on the hill and its fine. MY experience, that is. if its just a little minor squeezing youll likely be ok.

dunno how new those boots are...they look pretty new...so maybe just leave them on for a while...walk around, do some housework (vacuuming is a good way to "pre-pack" your boots as theres a lot of foot movement)

your parents will love you for it, too!

:)

:confused::eek::eek::eek::nono::nono::nono::confused:

that makes no sense at all

gleb

do NOT put the liners in the oven, bro. you could either find yourself some moldable liners (intuition, thermoflex...others are available but can be quite expensive) or have the boots stretched a bit

please, read this and check:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/sizing_chart.cfm

ignore all the liner stuff for now as you dont have moldables. you want to pull the liner out, and put your foot in the boot shell without the liner in there. how much space is behind your heel? if you can get _at least_ 1 finger stacked in that space (without your toes crammed into the front) and no more than two fingers, you should be just fine on shell size.

ever single pair of boots Ive ever had hurt my feet a little when just wearing them around. get on the hill and its fine. MY experience, that is. if its just a little minor squeezing youll likely be ok.

dunno how new those boots are...they look pretty new...so maybe just leave them on for a while...walk around, do some housework (vacuuming is a good way to "pre-pack" your boots as theres a lot of foot movement)

your parents will love you for it, too!

:)

ya i'm defintly not doing the oven thing. I wish there was a store around me that sold alpine boots...:mad: I'll walk around with them on all night tongiht.

btw, One finger fits behind my heel.

Gleb,

Any good ski shop should be able to help you with boot fitting. Just go when it is not busy and they should accommodate you. I just had my boots new Head Straos Pros fitted by Stu at The Ski Haus in East Longmeadow, Mass. They do not sell alpine snowboards, but the customer service is fantastic. So before you start dropping more cash, go to a reputable shop and spend some time with one of their techs. Your feet will thank you for it, and it might not cost you anything.

What I ended up doing last night was going to Summit Ski and Snowboard in Danvers and they are going to enlarge my boot as well as the liner a bit. They are also putting in foot beds so I hope it works out. Its costing me about $50 so I hope it'll be worth it.

I tried the thinner socks and even no sock at all, it wasn't wide enough for me as well as the length was off by half a centimeter which caused slight discomfort. The moment i strap in though, the pressure of the big toe is a great deal less.

Thanks for all your. You guys are awesome!