Note to New Members ×

new base prep of a 4807

Yard Sale

Maybe I'll get flack for this....but I don't really worry about it. I wax it best I can and scrape it best I can, but it doesn't come out pretty like the rest of the board.

I figure that the hull is really only gonna push the snow one way or another, so I'm not so concerned about the friction. However I did find that the type of wax I used made a noticeable difference.

I used warm weather wax at the end of last to slather up the boards for storage then we got a crazy dump so I yanked out the 4807. When I was riding the backcountry I was surprised at how slow it was going through the dry new pow.

jus my thoughts.

Guest Randy S.

Be very careful if you give it to a shop. Even if they know it has a boat nose, there's a good chance they'll mess it up grinding it.

As to your question, mine never looks really pretty up front there. I just try not to put too much wax on and then scrape and buff it with a brush.

Guest Randy S.
OK I know I said "base" in the topic title, but what do you think of the edges on new 4807s? Mine seem kinda dull, but I know precisely jack shjt about edges.

Its a powder board. What do you need edges for? Just get a gummi stone and get rid of burrs.

Seriously, if you are riding that thing in hard pack, you need to buy another board.