Note to New Members ×

Some hope for the Northwest?

Galen

Starved for positive forecasts, this may be clutching at straws, but:

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/promotion.asp?dir=aw&page=winterfrcst

Of note is the statement at the bottom "The other area that will receive above-average snowfall is the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, a welcome change from the dry winter of 2004-2005. The assumption is that the warm water south of Alaska will push storms into the region, so that even if it is milder than normal, it snows more."

Here the lastes from meadows wesite :

NOAA ISSUES U.S. WINTER OUTLOOK UPDATE

Forecast for December, January and February

The latest winter forecast issued by NOAA is looking very promising. Basically, they see no strong weather patterns which would prevent us from having a normal winter here in the northwest. In fact, chances are we'll have normal precipitation with normal or below normal temperatures. That's usually good for 430 inches of snow at Mt. Hood Meadows. Click here to see the forecast.

Lets hope its not BS...

Heres Noaa's mt hood forcast

http://nimbo.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=pqr&zone=orz011&fire=orz607&county=orc027&dgtl=1&lat=45.377083333333&lon=-121.70125

Jim

Guest Randy S.

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and bet $10 that this season will be better than last season for PNW folks. I know that's a risky bet, but I'm confident and willing to risk it.

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and bet $10 that this season will be better than last season for PNW folks. I know that's a risky bet, but I'm confident and willing to risk it.

Well Randy, it can't get much worse, can it????

(Maybe I shouldn't even say that!)

Ah, I was at the PNW during the La Nina years. Totally insane accumulation (same time mt baker broke their 60 years of record snow --felt like riding in clouds, seriously). I wish the best for the PNW folks. Would be nice to head back to ski bowl and ride at nights, too (no place for ice elsewhere :biggthump )