Note to New Members ×

Great book...

Poloturbo

6 hours ago, Jack M said:

I think the cover is intended to appeal to a broader audience, and that the author assumes those who know, don't need to be told.

Seems strange to me from a marketing standpoint. Especially considering there is an even more famous snowboarder called White. I grew up idolizing him with one of his iconic Burton powder carve posters on my wall, yet even I had to look twice to make sure. Oh well, hope it’s great! 

Really dont know about the book cover and the details regarding chosing that picture but like Jack said it's not only about a solo bio but way deep in the history of snowboarding and in depth research about climate an avalanches surrounding is life. Greatly written if you ask me.

I don't read that much in english and was captivated front start to finish. 

I'm not here to sell copies. 😉

Valid points, @ShortcutToMoncton and I pretty much agree. Just thinking about what the author was thinking when he deliberately left the name off the cover. Maybe it’s like when people are deliberately vague on social media. (Vaguebooking) You’re supposed to know and if you don’t then you’re not in the in crowd.