Note to New Members ×

Raichle buckles?

nekdut

Hey all,

Question: Has anyone had a problem with the buckle on Raichle boots popping open while riding? Today on the slopes the ankle buckle on my rear boot released a few times during some hard turns. I tried cranking the buckle down real tight, and also riding it a bit loose, neither helped the problem much. Any thoughts? Thanks!:confused:

It happens on my rear boot sometimes. I just tighten it one notch and it does not open after that. Are the other buckles tight? That might have an effect, also could cause some shin bang too. Must be something to do with the tongue flex, and the buckle has to be tight enough to hold it back? Or maybe it's sideways tongue movement that causes the buckle to open. Either way, tighter has to be better, unless your foot goes to sleep.

I had the same problem with my 123's a few years back. No matter how tight I had the boot, it would pop up. The problem was that the buckle was clamping down at an angle, and not letting it snap by and hold (picture a vise grip not being able to clamp shut).

I removed the buckle on the outside of the boot and needed to space it out from the boot. I just used a piece of rubber gasket material to do this. It was originally riveted on, and I had some extra parts from another boot so i could use the screw and t-nut from the ratchet side of the buckle.

If you can find some spare parts this could work for you.

Greg