Note to New Members ×

OT:Jack Johnson In Brockton, MA tonight

willywhit

Jack Johnson followed by Rilo Kiley

October 8

Former surfer Jack Johnson has long been a hit at summer music festivals with his mix of folk, blues and hip-hop. He performs songs from his newest CD, In Between Dreams. Rilo Kiley fuse indie-pop and alt-country together for a sound that emphasizes their emotional, playful lyrics. Highlights include songs from the band's newest CD More Adventurous.

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/tvschedule/index.html

Have you guys ever seen / heard of Xavier Rudd? He has played a bit with Jack Johnson from time to time.

He does a lot of touring in Canada and USA so if you ever get the chance, check him out. Absolutely AMAZING!

I ran into him today (live in the same town, known each other forever) and suggested that he try to do a gig in Aspen some time between 11-17 Feb 2006. That would really make SES!

Sunset pizza does have good food. Good prices too. I'd stop there on my way home from work and from riding at the bmx track. Interesting people stop there, and you can always see a hot girl there. The girls that work there are sometimes hot too. If you like food on the North Shore, you should try Pizza Bob's (very good pizza) and Cholo's (good mexican) in Haleiewa. Oh, and Ted's bakery in Sunset has such good pie! chocolate haupia is one of my favorites. They've got good burgers there too. Now I'm hungry, I better go eat. Mmmmm....food is good.

• 2 weeks later...
We saw the show two weeks ago and it were most excellent. The crowd was on their feet the entire time Jack was on stage. Will post a photo once the film is developed.

General admission was different but we arrived early and sat just off center, 6 rows from the stage.

pat, how did those photos come out ?

post-123-141842205511_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842205513_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Pat, thanks again for the copy of JJ on Austin City Limits (pbs rules).I'm getting some b&p copies of Jack Live and some rare mixes and will send you copies as well. That DVD looks juicy. Maybe we need to start a BOL music & carving footage traders club. VHS is not dead.

post-123-141842208857_thumb.jpg

JACK JOHNSON AND FRIENDS: This two DVD set includes two separate films, Live in Japan (shot in August 2004 at the end of the On & On tour) and A Weekend at the Greek (shot on August 19th & 20th, 2005 at Berkeley's famed Greek Theatre during the In Between Dreams tour). Both films blend concert performances with intimate interviews and behind the scenes footage as well as over 30 minutes of bonus material.

Live in Japan captures Jack's band in its original trio form, with Bassist Merlo Podlewski and drummer Adam Topol touring Japan performing selections from Brushfire Fairytales and On and On. The film features guest appearances by Money Mark and Donavon Frankenreiter.

Shortly after the completion of the Japan tour, the band convened in the Mango Tree Studio to record their most recent album In Between Dreams, with Zach Gill from Animal Liberation Orchestra (ALO) adding piano and accordion. A Weekend at The Greek, filmed over two nights at one of the band’s favorite venues, captures the expanded sound of this four piece lineup as well as sit ins from the growing Brushfire Records family: G.Love, ALO, Money Mark and Matt Costa.

THIS PRE-ORDER SHIPPED OUT TODAY, NOV. 22. WE APOLOGIZE ABOUT THE DELAY, BUT OUR DISTRIBUTION CENTER WAS LATE. WE HAVE INCLUDED A BONUS STICKER AS AN APOLOGY.

This DVD is encoded for US region playback only!

Details

Weight 0.50 lbs

Price: $25.00

post-123-141842208861_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Jack Johnson and Friends - A weekend at the greek + Live in Japan

Picked this up today at Sam's club . . . .$19

Was not impressed with sound quality on our older stereo set-up but what a difference (all good) through HDMI / HDTV . . . excellent!!

Just found it at Newbury Comics last night for $17.99 sweet!and I just got tix for Korn tomorrow night in Worcester !psyched !small venue ! This JJ surfing Backdoor last winter .

post-123-141842209342_thumb.jpg