Note to New Members ×

Board Bags?

RobRidesSquaw

I have an old Dakine that worked really well, except that it is supersmall (only fits a 160), and also it doesnt hold anything other than the board itself. Do you guys have any suggestions for bags that can hold multiple boards, can fit a Boardercross board as well as a SL and GS, and will hold up? I was looking at the Burtons, they look pretty sick, but dont really have any clue if they are good or not.

Thanks,

Rob

Rome Cache or Dakine High roller. both will hold multiple boards, with board seperator.The Rome can only accomadate up to 175cm board. I believe the dakine can hold longer. Both can carry multiple boards, bindings, boots. The only problem I've found is the bag ends up holding too much and the airlines sometimes complain about the weight :nono: These two are comparable to burton's fancy multiboard, padded wheelie bag, but without the burton price. unless you were looking at the burton boardbag that comes with a tent, in which case :flamethro

Guest Randy S.

I have a Dakine Dually. It holds a 200 and has wheels. If they still make the model, it works great. If you are down in the Bay Area, check out Tri-City Sports over in Fremont. They had them there really cheap last year.

Guest Randy S.

Randy. How much is your bag that will hold a 200cm??

I could use a couple of those.

How are you feeling??

I'm feeling pretty good. I get out of the nursing home today!

:biggthump I'm definitely too young to live somewhere where they keep a "Bowel Movement Log" at the front desk. :eek:

I think I paid less than $100 for the bag. I wasn't really planning to head over there any time soon. Maybe Arvin or Hagen are going over there and can check it out. You could also call them and then one of us could pick the stuff up for you. Their web site is down, but their phone is (510) 651-9600.

Thanks for the tips guys, I knew they where out there. Fun reading the user comments (on the retailers site below) about how the bag is too damn big!! Dakine Dually Bag @ Backcountry.com I would also like to do what Neil suggested and built some big, narrow bags for the race boards over 200cm. I really like the slip bag that Bomber sells, short of two things. Needs a beefier strap (attachment) and longer. Ideally the material would dry fast , yet provide a bit more padding. Several of my bags are cut from tip protectors cutting the bag. I have one of these on the way. Randy, right on the MONEY, basically 100$ delivered! Thanks again. Bryan

Guest Randy S.

Bryan, one note on Dually. When you get it, look inside the compartment that has the rigid part. There are a couple of nuts that stick into it that should be taped over with duct tape or some padding. They could damage a board if you aren't careful.

Bryan, one note on Dually. When you get it, look inside the compartment that has the rigid part. There are a couple of nuts that stick into it that should be taped over with duct tape or some padding. They could damage a board if you aren't careful.

Yep, thanks to Randy's advice I was able to zero in and duct tape the nuts in the bag before they caused any harm. If they have any left (give them a call) I'll totally pick up a few for you if you need them - although no clue how to get them up to you (Bryan that is). Rob, let me know if you need some too... I need to make a trip up to Squaw anyways to have Surefoot adjust my boots (and drop my boards off at GraniteChief).

I had a Burton bag-roomy, but I cringed everytime I saw a baggage handler toss something on the bag....

Now I have one of those sport tubes!!!!!

Love it.

Got 2 boards and my softie setup in it.....

I'm thinking my hard boot setup will probably live in CO with my pow board....

I'll have to take lots of pictures :(

I have a Dakine Dually. It holds a 200 and has wheels. If they still make the model, it works great. If you are down in the Bay Area, check out Tri-City Sports over in Fremont. They had them there really cheap last year.

+1 on the dually . It works great for the tankers .....

Jim

Thanks for the tips guys. Sounds like a good choice overall.

Thanks for the heads up on the bolts Randy.

Yep. I like the idea of the "Tube" also. Just haven't had time to check one out. With gas as it is I might have to fly down to SES this time. What to bring?? That is going to be tough. Thanks, Bryan

Bryan,

If you are going to fly then you might be better off with a SporTube http://www.sportube.com/pages/home.htm

We have the a pair of double ski tubes which are longer than the snowboard version; dimensions are shown on their web site. We usually arrange a mini van rental so we can pitch and go upon arrival.

"Northwest (airlines) recommends hard-shell cases when checking your ski equipment."