Note to New Members ×

Exactly when to sell boards?

132bpm

Hi

Due to health reasons, I'm selling all my boards (Nidecker 161 Proto, Prior 167 WCR, Donek 179 freecarve wide, F2 169 Eliminator LTD) except one and a set of Catek non step-in bindings.

Anyone have an opinion what the best moment to put these on ebay is?

Regards

Frank

PS: I'm in Zurich, Switzerland and shipping to the U.S. etc. is cost prohibitive so I'll be restricted to buyers nearby.

I don't know what time of year to choose, but my stuff seems to have more bidders if the auction closes sometime after dinnertime, like around 7 pm. I think a lot of people look at auctions with the default sorting set to view the auctions that will close the soonest, and they get caught up in bidding at the last minute.

In other words, don't time the auction so that it ends when everyone's asleep, or at work.

In other words, don't time the auction so that it ends when everyone's asleep, or at work.

Don't time it to end on a Friday or Saturday night, either. Sunday through Thursday, an hour or so after the evening meal, whenever that is wherever you are - North Americans tend to eat early.

Have you ebayed much before? If you don't have a feedback rating yet, you might bide your time by buying and selling some small stuff (books, CDs etc) to get your number up. Lots of people won't buy from anyone with no feedback, even better get your rating over 10.

Also, why not put it up in the For Sale section here? There's a few Europeans who look here, and you might save yourself some Ebay charges. Costs nothing to try.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas.

Putting the stuff in ebay now would not work for me. I currently see tons of snowboard auctions on the Swiss ebay that end with 0 bids. We don't have reserve prices and withdrawing an auction after bidding has started is rude for the bidders and against the rules I'm sure.

For now, I've put 7 items in the classifieds here on Bomber. If the stuff doesn't sell I'll put them on ebay sometime later, which brings me to the original question :-). What ya think, late October, or late November, or some other time?

Regards

Frank

You can't just start the bidding at what you want the boards to sell for. If no one buys it, wait a week and then try again. Or do one round now and if no one buys, do one in september, and repeat again in November. If people keep seeing the same board for auction, it'll be in theire heads and they'll be more likely to buy it.