Note to New Members ×

2024 Skwal Meetup Northeastern USA - *CANCELLED*

*Ace*

UPDATE 3/14/24

*EVENT CANCELLED AT BERKSHIRE EAST!*

Join us and others at Berkshire East Mountain Resort on 3/24/24 for a fun filled day of skwal riding with fellow enthusiasts.

We chose Berkshire East Mountain Resort as the host for this event for a few different reasons. They are a family owned operation that has a great mix of terrain for riders of all abilities. The mountain is centrally located in New England and has affordable flex ticket prices.

Plan to meet in the main lodge at 8:ooAM!

Please fill out the form on our site with some basic info if you are thinking about attending.

https://aceskwal.com/

• Like 2

• *Ace* pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

The weather outlook for March doesn’t look promising for the spring ski season. I might have to rethink a date and venue for this meetup unless the forecast changes after this week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2024 at 11:44 AM, *Ace* said:

I might have to rethink a date and venue for this meetup unless the forecast changes after this week. 

Conditions look pretty grim at BEast. You planning to move the event? Cancel?

33 minutes ago, fluxgame said:

Conditions look pretty grim at BEast. You planning to move the event? Cancel?

Yes, I think right now I have to make the call to cancel the event at Berkshire East.

I am open to perhaps meeting up at a different resort on that day 3/24/24 if anyone wants to try and get together.

Im still game to meet up, went out today at Gore, it was certainly soft but had surprising coverage, the snow they got on Sunday really helped delay the inevitable.

(I'll probably post something about my progress in the how to learn thread tomorrow)

13 hours ago, lafcadio said:

Any update on potentially meeting elsewhere? 

For what it’s worth, Crotched in Southern NH is holding up well. I’m looking forward to an amazing final week of the season there. 

• Like 1

Gore mountain just got fresh snow, if we don't all meet up at a more southern mountain, I will be heading to Gore on Sunday. They just posted +6-12" throughout the mountain. I also saw Catamount was blowing so they could re-open for Saturday, not sure how that will compare as I've never been there

• *Ace* changed the title to 2024 Skwal Meetup Northeastern USA - *CANCELLED*
  • *Ace* unpinned this topic