Note to New Members ×

Help needed for softboot bindings setup

I'm finalizing the setup of the X Carve 159, but I would need some advice from the experts. I plan to use the board for carving with soft boots. I got Virus plates to raise the bindings. For boots, I use size 10 (US) Driver X. I am 180 cm tall and weigh 68 kg. I'm inclined to get the Flow NX2 Carbon bindings; do you think it's a good solution? Is there something better? What size do you recommend, M or L? I've read other topics on the subject, but they are from a few years ago. Thanks

Yes, the Flow is an excellent stiff binding for carving.  By far the stiffest available and it has the lowest profile also which will reduce boot out potential on the narrow X Carve.  Get the large for sure.

There's a thread in the soft boot carving gear reviews that discusses the Flow in detail despite the title: 

3 hours ago, Samurai le Blanc said:

What size do you recommend, M or L?

For a US size 10, you'll want the Large; I have a set of the Mediums, and my mp 26.5 boots are at the limit, even after adjusting the highbacks and cables to the rear positions. 

Check the size chart at https://www.flow-bindings.com/en/men/1028-8437-nx2-carbon.html#size-chart

For adjusting the highbacks to better center the boot in the binding, this 10(!) year old youtube video show how.  The details are slightly different with later model years, but you'll find that there are two sets of holes for the highbacks and cables.

Edited by jburk
add links to boot centering vid
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 9:21 AM, i8summer said:

Here’s the difference board width makes: 18/-6 with 26.5 boots. Angle makes it look like more overhang than it is — board has to be like 85 degrees before toe or heel starts to scrape. Really versatile and stable stance and starting to work on getting the heelside comfortable  😀

IMG_1211.jpeg.5bfb36f48f2d067a5ef2bd52fa1c598f.jpeg

• Like 1