Note to New Members ×

any experience with F2 speedster worldcup rs 179

TimW

Hi all,

Does anyone have feedback on the F2 speedster worldcup 179?

I saw a new '21 model for 500 euros that I might buy.

I've been building my boards myself for the last 20 years, but time is always short, and I'd like a new toy and a reference to judge my own boards against.

My everyday carveboards are a 172, 160 eff.edge, 14m radius and a 182, 170 eff edge, 15m radius with plate. Both titanal - biax carbon construction (both are very good boards.... I think...)

The F2 is a 16m radius, which is actually what I would put on my next board if I'd build it myself.

I have a little worry on the stiffness. It is listed as 65+kg. I am ~77 kg. Seems that should work fine. THe 185 is listed as 75+ so that would be on the limit. My only recent experience with similar boards is a Kessler 185 and a Tomahawk 183. The Kessler I found OK stiffness wise, but I did not like the board, found it not positive enough on turn initiation for freecarving. The Tomahawk I tended to overpower when it got steeper, I think that was lack of torsional stiffness.

Any feedback appreciated.

Edited by TimW