Note to New Members ×

FS: Original Madd 170

rjnakata

I received this a while ago and rode it once.

In 2020 during the beginnings of covid, John Gilmour visited me and I got to show him this board.  He told me it looks to have come from the 2nd run after their 1st batch of 3 boards and this is maybe #4 or #5. He also said it's possibly the best condition 170 of this early batch in existence. Others have warped.  Also, subsequent boards didn't have the same "juice" as these OG's. He mentioned the idea of riding it to victory in the Nationals!

It does have a few top surface edge chips mostly around the nose, and binding marks. The inserts are brass - none are stripped (JG cursed their decision to use brass). 5/8"+ of camber. Edges are wide, no dings or rust. "Pebble" base material, with light scratches (no gouges or fills due to its super hardness). No warping. I didn't tune, grind or touch anything - original condition as received.  Glad to answer questions.  Give the sad boy a new home.

Maybe you're not a buyer, but if you have pertinent info on this board and other 170’s of this vintage chime in!  I'm interested in the informed conversation here on ASB.

$1200

IMG_5011.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5014.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5022.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg