Note to New Members ×

Virus Snowsports BX BOARDERCROSS WORLDCUP UFC 163CM

John Gilmour

https://shop.virus-snowsports.com/products/virus-boardercross-worldcup-kopie?variant=36678506709150

https://shop.virus-snowsports.com/cdn/shop/products/BX-2_1500x1500.jpg?v=1627209448

A helluva board , if you ever read my review of the larger UFC free carver you will understand its construction and grip. Selling with or without Virus Isolator plates. 

I personally was drawn to it for its Madd like Carbon butterfly and of course because its similar to the other UFC.

Your normal cost for this board is 

$1299 +

Then there's a 19% import tax. Less if you have an exemption or are a shop then its 2.8%.

......and normally you have to wait for it to be built. So the board can run about $1700 yikes.

And shipping from Germany.

Selling for $875 and with the plates it is $1075 if I still have the plates which are listed elsewhere. This board is doing really well in the World Cup according to Frank D. of Virus. This is what those carve flipping Koreans rip around on. I took 3 runs on it on good firm snow, and it looks as new save for some rubber marks from the isolator plates. I need more nose lift for Colorado dumps and I tend to use a quiver of 1. 

Raising money for car audio DJ PA System to use for announcing Aspen races..... another addiction.

text me at 347-263-7238. Pacific Start time 10am -8pm

Shipping about $165 from Germany .

So shipping within the USA it's a lot less.  If you are anywhere from San Diego to Malibu I can arrange for delivery by courier at no charge.

Edited by John Gilmour

• 4 months later...

I think it’s ranging from 9.5 to 10 if I had to guess because I won’t buy a performance softboot  board with a side cut under 9 and I wouldn’t have bought it if it were say a 11.5. I couldn’t stand the overly tight sidecut in my old hovercraft which was 8.5 and was looking for more it’s likely 9.5.

I will say this , this is no beginner board  and it’s not for the guy who gets 5 days in a year . 

I ended up buying the new Hovercraft 2.0 at 9M (though aI can flex stretch the side cut at high angle carving so it’s ..ok)  , wishing it was an Ultra craft carbon  2.0 with a 9.75 but alas … no. 

I just get too much powder when I ride to not have a powder nose and I’m a pretty boring left right only  carver , not doing all the flip about spin around stuff like the Koreans or Japanese .

Edited by John Gilmour
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 3:34 AM, John Gilmour said:

I think it’s ranging from 9.5 to 10 if I had to guess because I won’t buy a performance softboot  board with a side cut under 9 and I wouldn’t have bought it if it were say a 11.5. I couldn’t stand the overly tight sidecut in my old hovercraft which was 8.5 and was looking for more it’s likely 9.5.

I will say this , this is no beginner board  and it’s not for the guy who gets 5 days in a year . 

I ended up buying the new Hovercraft 2.0 at 9M (though aI can flex stretch the side cut at high angle carving so it’s ..ok)  , wishing it was an Ultra craft carbon  2.0 with a 9.75 but alas … no. 

I just get too much powder when I ride to not have a powder nose and I’m a pretty boring left right only  carver , not doing all the flip about spin around stuff like the Koreans or Japanese .

Thanks for getting back to me. While that’s an appealing sidecut, the waist width is a bit narrower for what I’m looking for. My preference is around 260 with plates. I have a 12M Oxess which is just a bit too much legs for my local trails. Recently got a winterstick which is a 9-10 sidecut, but wood core. Geckos helped, but want something with metal. The search continues.