Note to New Members ×

Donek Axxess - Is there a current equivilent?

After several seasons on the shelf, I dusted off my old Axxess (Ax?) 167, and I was utterly shocked at just how fun this board is to ride. I've been riding all metal boards as of late, which are great and have their own strengths. But none of them have the POP that this board has. Maybe it's the fiberglass, or the ridiculous amount of camber? I don't know, but I've been kicking myself for not riding it more often.

This (Axxess 167) was one of my first boards, and I've since shifted to all 175 length. At 6'2", I find that (175) suits me and my ability. I'd love to find something like the Axxess, in a longer length than I currently have. Is the Donek Freecarve similar? Does anyone have first-hand experience/comparisons?

Thanks, y'all!

WP_20170110_08_11_06_Pro (2).jpg

I rode a stock 172 axxess for years and loved it.  Currently riding a semi-custom version of the axxess after a conversation with Sean Martin at Donek.  Even though the axxess is no longer listed on the Donek website, I imagine they can build whatever you want after a design consultation.

• Like 1