Note to New Members ×

DGSS vs Phantom Link Levers for hard carving?

pow4ever

my back kneed is weak so i need something softer but i also want that lateral stiffness for hard charging carving.
(finding that perfect balance is the challange bit)

Most use DGSS/Link lever on softer setup. 
Been using DGSS on atomic backland on the back foot and MS951 on the front with great result.  However the backland is fragile shell and held together by duct tape (if i don't see the crack it didn't happen).  I am going to try Atomc Hawx XTD.

Want to give Link lever a try due to ease of installation (any one have one for sale cheap?) and tinker-belling.

Just want to see i should stick with DGSS?

No experience about Link levers but Hawx Ultra XTDs are working great for me with DGSS. The ankle movement range is much less than with Backlands though but my Ultras have now already lasted much longer than two pairs of Backland Carbon (BOA model).

Btw. it was much easier to take the freelock pin away from Hawx shell than from Backland Carbons. Much less friction with the Hawx.

• Thanks 1

I have Link levers on my soft first gen Backlands.  I have DGSS on my S5s (not soft).

Link levers have a very small ROM and the springs are medium to soft.

DGSS has a very large ROM and a large variety of spring stiffness choices.

I wouldn't use my Phantoms for carving on hard snow.  They are great on the soft stuff.  I never see the soft stuff.

DGSS is probably the best spring system out there... I've tried nearly all of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1