Note to New Members ×

Young Carving/Racing camp at Timberline

slopetool

I met some young dudes and gals up carving today on Palmer!

I talked to a couple of young riders and they were all in high school. They were from near South Lake Tahoe. Placerville? maybe near Kirkwood?

The one young guy said they were from Eldorado High? Please correct my info if I got anything wrong.

Good praise must go out to the Tahoe area to put out such fine kids too. There is definitely a difference in attitude, noise level and dress than the majority of the posse of boarders up there who are heading for the park.

I wish we had more interest in snowboard racing around the OR and WA area. Maybe I should look into that. Anyhow it was very cool to see many young hardbooters together. Very inspiring.

And their coach was Nick Colavito. very cool dude with a great reputation.

I didn't get a chance to actually ride with them much since they were in a private lane. la tee da! lol

Do you other members know any of these kids? I hope to go up again and maybe see them on Fri.

Ed

Bryan - last day on my pass is Sun. June 5th.

I hope to see some more riders up there soon. The snow is dwindling fast. I just enjoy seeing young people in hard boots. And I mean no disrespect to Michael Jackson.

And there is a chance that I am going to have to work on Fri. now.

I might have to make up another story. damn! But there is still Sat. and Sun.

Ed

Its sad its ending soon. Now we can start getting caught up on the popular Summer culture like everyone else. We have to rely on the more dangerous type of crashing sports like skateboarding and surfing. bad wipeouts can happen quick. ouch! but what the heck.

Last Fri. I went snowboarding then was down soaking in the river in the afternoon. thats living it up for me. simple pleasures.

yea, we received 1 inch of rain in 20 min. The storm just rolled through as I was driving home from work. And typically I drive on the road where the mudslide happened too. The historic town of Troutdale had a flash flood of sorts plus I-84 flooded where the water settled. TV helis flying all over. it was kinda cool.

I met up with the kids up there again. I hope they log on and say how the camp and coaching was. They are a bunch of cool younger rippers, for sure.