Note to New Members ×

Amazing Program

RDY_2_Carve

I love looking at satelite photos, especially of my area. I can see lakes and roads with a bit of relief in the terrain. I haven't checked out the program yet, is it free?

I wish I had more time to check it out, maybe this weekend.

Thanks for the link

There is hackers in France that managed to mix it with our national geographic mapping system, which makes u have 1/25000th maps of the whole country...

I wish Europe had the same 1m precision that that of the US, but it seems that our sat maps are not as easy to see for common people here....

The cool stuff is you can send links with coordinated of the targeted area to friends in email so they can watch them...

Who starts a " resort" page with links to them carve spots???

Nils

PS: beware with Worldwind: every image you download is in your computer cache and it can get HUGE! Mine is at 8 GB already full of maps!

N.

USAPhotomaps is also a great program, but it's not as impressive as Worldwind. I can't get Worldwind to install on my machine, I think it's more than the computer can handle. I wish I could, the images from it look really slick.

USAPhotomaps is amazing though if you just want something to look at topo and photo images. You can see the lat/lon and elevation as you move your mouse pointer around. It's free at

http://www.jdmcox.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...