Note to New Members ×

[SOLD] Thirst Superconductor 7.1 - Goofy

jburk

Bought this board from Mark @ Thirst in May 2018, it was my daily driver for 3 years, and probably has 80+ days on it.  Not riding it since I picked up a Thirst 8RW and XC last season, so it's time to let it go to help fund another board.

$400 shipped, CONUS only.  Paypal only, and if you want "goods and services" for purchase protection, please add $15.00 for Paypal's G&S charges.

Goofy, flex index is 0.229, reference stance is 20in, waist is 18.5cm.  Will include the "baby blanket" board bag.

Base and edges are 9/10, and plenty of edge material left. Base has been ground once to put a structure on it, and edges are 0.7/2.  All work on the board done by Greg at https://www.bootsandmore.ski/.  There was a long (but very shallow) scratch which has been expertly repaired (Greg again). It shows up really well in the picture due to the way it can catch the light, but you can't even feel it when you run your hand over the base.

The base and edges have also just been waxed & tuned by boots&more last week, so it's ready to ride.

The topsheet is... another story.  For the most part, the topsheet is in very good condition, but there are a few blemishes along the left side behind the rear binding, mostly due to the board hitting the back of my rear boot while skating. There's no sidewall damage, just light chipping along the exposed topsheet edge. I asked Greg if any of the blems needed repair work, and he said they were all good as-is.  Small chip near the nose.

A lot of these photos are showing the board at its worst; I want there to be no surprises when the buyer unboxes it.  I will say that if you're not happy with the condition of the board when you receive it, AND you're willing to send it back to me the next day UPS ground or USPS, I'll refund you the full purchase price plus what it costs you to ship it back to me.

PXL_20221219_014106185.jpg

PXL_20221219_013841227.jpg

PXL_20221219_013904134.jpg

PXL_20221219_012403567.jpg

PXL_20221219_014959568.jpg

PXL_20221219_012515077.jpg

PXL_20221219_012727718.jpg

PXL_20221219_012754231.jpg

PXL_20221219_013048100.jpg

Edited by jburk
Marked as sold.

Thirst construction is a bit different; they work across fairly broad weight ranges. I've ridden this at 170# and 195# and it rides the same. 

My buddy (230#) and I both have identical Thirst 8RWs with the same flex index. I rode what is now his board for a day during a demo session, he rode it the next day and bought it at the end of the day,so I asked Mark to build another just like it. He's 230#, an active racer, and can ride pretty aggressively at times, and the same flex index works for both of us. 

I'd say this will suit you if you're between 160 and 220. 

Where it might get tricky is if your stance is less than 20". The sweet spot for me for binding placement on this board was set towards the rear of the front insert pack, and when I was running a 47cm stance I didn't have much room in the insert pattern for adjustment 

I've had a couple of "what will you take for this?" DMs for this sale, and I'll save everyone some time.  I'm firm on the $400 price, unless I can skip the shipping step.

For $350 USD, I'll deliver the board to you in the Portland, OR area, or I can bring it up to the BC Lower Mainland area the week between Xmas and New Years.

• jburk changed the title to [SOLD] Thirst Superconductor 7.1 - Goofy