Note to New Members ×

Sims Mfr

tcross.au

I loved the board but broke my first one in half in front of my front binding and ripped the bindings out of the second one with a good chunk of the core. I still have a pair of the bindings, they held up well for me but tend to leave a nasty impression in most boards.

I don't know what to tell you about the ride. I was about 200 lbs during the couple of seasons I rode a MFR. They were stable and held an edge well for me. I ended up with two sets of the bindings and usually used both lift plates with one pair. They have a couple of degrees of heel and/or toe lift built in to the bindings themselves and I think the plate is about 6 degrees. You can swap toes and heels for a little adjustability of the total lift. I know Bryan (oldsnowboards.com) has an MFR, I don't know if he ever got around to riding it or if he has the Sims bindings.

I have the 174cm . Rode it several times on the road trips. It is wider than I normally ride and I used it for days that had a couple inches of new or really warm mung. Rode it the first time at Kirkwood mid day after fresh . It was fun , took a couple runs to get used to the narrow stance and set back. (then it was common to use 16-17cm centers and over an inche of setback) actually got a chance to ask Tom Sims and Mike Tinkler about this board at the Legends race. See the small single insert infront of your front bindings? That was the first race board that came factory with an insert for the "Tinkler Snow Stix". Pretty cool! Wish you were in the US. I would trace or buy it from you if given the chance. Fun board that is medium flex and should serve you well. Look for a bit of edge bevel or high base. I well done base grind (from an expert operator only please) should breath new life into this classic board. Mark Fawcett would be proud of you. Carve it up!! Bryan of www.oldsnowboards.com