Note to New Members ×

F2/Proflex 3d compatible disks

Mark.Andersen

I'm having some 3d insert pattern disks machined for my F2/Proflex bindings. The material will be Delrin. The price per pair including hardware (M6 Cap Screws and washers) will be $50. If I get a few responses, the price will go down with volume.

I know it's steep, but if you need to mount your F2s on your Burton, there aren't alot of options.

Email me if anyone is interested.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Pokkis. That looks like an excellent low cost alternative. Unfortunately, I needed some stance adjustment.

Here's the finished product. Now I just need to get some screws (and some snow!). My Fish is now ready for some pow.

5lpbo0

I've got contact info for the guy who machined them if anyone is interested. He was going to keep the design around.

Mark

Sweet. They look good and solid. I like the bindings too! I like the heel pin indicator. They are still pretty stiff. Stiffer than the Burton but not as stiff as Bombers. Good choice for the Fish. I have mine on one of the Tankers. The steel receiver doesn't wear like the Intec alum either. I need to do some alignment work though. The cants don't really do a very good job of matching the toe and heel pieces. (They are not on the same plane, close but not close enough) I think it is a bit much on mine anyway. I am thinking I will put them on a large disc sander and carefully arrive at the correct angles.

Mark, are your base plates silver plastic or aluminum?? Mine are black plastic.

pokkis- the bindings in your link are even different from these? Looks more like a Burton Race plate base plate.

Good secondary use of your video disc~

Have you seen a "Spanner" for the toe bail adjustment or did they make one? Good post. Bryan

I've got a couple sets. The ones in the photo are all plastic except for the bails. The base plates are pretty flexy and work great for hardboot freeriding. I've got another set that have an aluminum baseplate with a black plastic covering. Those are a fair bit stiffer. I haven't used them much, but I'm considering a 169cm Coiler AMX with a 23cm waist for all mountain riding. I think that I want something between Bombers and plastic F2s from a stiffness perspective.

I think the biggest reason why these feel more rigid than Burtons is the INTEC mech. With the Burtons, the bases flex, and the boots squirm in the bails. With INTEC, the boot > "bail" interface doesn't move, so all the flex comes from the base.

I have some of the original titanium disks which I bought with the bindings. I guess they don't produce those any more. They cost an arm and a leg, but they work fine and they're way stiff.

I haven't tried those Intecs - they have the same toe adjuster as the race bindings, and the toe/ heel pieces look the same. The base plate looks less solid - it's an aliminium plate (?) on mine.