Note to New Members ×

Snurfer Invented 4-hole Pattern!!

Jack M

I know a little about Snurfers as this is what I started on back in 1978. The racing model for sale in that ebay ad had a fin in the center of the rear of the tail to improve stability. The white stubs on the board were to keep your feet from slipping off.I never owned the racing model. I bougtht a standard snurfer for 20.00. I think the racing model sold for 40.00 I remember when you could buy a burton board for 79.00 and snowboarding wasn't allowed at any ski resort. It sure is nice to have the equipment options we have today!Too bad Iwasn't smart enough to build snowboards back then. maybe I could have been making money like sims and Burton are doing now.Oh well I enjoy riding today.

Began Christmas of 1965

Yes, traction , one of several methods used.

Jake and many other early developers first played on the "Snurfer". Over a million made. Sold in the dime stores for 10-20$ each until the 70s.

Pretty tricky to ride.

Several folks I know still do ride them on occasion.

Easy way to find out what it is like

Snurfer Line-Up :)

• 2 years later...
I was looking at the same item, other day, thinking exactely the same thing and loughing :D

(It's probably some kind of anti-skid device...)

Boris

Okay, found it on oldsnowboards.com

Yeah, it's an anti skid device. Clearly from the JEM period, not the Brunswick period.

I take my hat off to you Sir ! You are a legend ! Seriously that is very cool. You must have some great memories. Well done ! :biggthump

I know a little about Snurfers as this is what I started on back in 1978. The racing model for sale in that ebay ad had a fin in the center of the rear of the tail to improve stability. The white stubs on the board were to keep your feet from slipping off.I never owned the racing model. I bougtht a standard snurfer for 20.00. I think the racing model sold for 40.00 I remember when you could buy a burton board for 79.00 and snowboarding wasn't allowed at any ski resort. It sure is nice to have the equipment options we have today!Too bad Iwasn't smart enough to build snowboards back then. maybe I could have been making money like sims and Burton are doing now.Oh well I enjoy riding today.