Note to New Members ×

Timberline

Keenan

• 1 year later...

Was up at Timberline today, only Pucci's and Molly's were spinning, but it was sunny, no wind, grooming was good, and 30-second lift lines.  I'll call that a win. 

Had to leave by noon to beat the forecasted ice storm, was tough to call it quits.

Can't believe I've never ridden Molly's before, that chair's a lot of fun, some decently steep short pitches to be found. 

PXL_20240116_190407573.jpg

Not enough snow, too much snow, too much wind, too much ice, more too much wind.  Wake me up when spring gets here.  Good thing I didn't go this week, I would have missed the rain showers inside my living room.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was on the hill this morning, lurking at the base of the Mile lifhthouse to ask what time they were going to open (West Leg Rd is a nightmare at 9am on weekends), and after the lifties checked out the Thirst 8RW I was on, they offered to let me ride up a bit early, so it was me and Patrol up there for the first run. 

Magic Mile has coverage, but upper West side is showing a few more rocks than usual, so pay attention over the rollers. East side was only groomed one cat wide, so I gave it a pass. Fast and firm but not icy first thing, softened up over the next hour with the sun. Bottom of the Mile was good. 

Everything down low was a weird mix of firm but not icy, and sugar. Good coverage everywhere except the bottom pitch of Uncle John's Band, right above the base of the Flood chair; that pitch has been scraped clean, and was a mix of scrub showing through firm and sugar. Rode it once then skipped it for the rest of the day. Jojami and Kruser off of Flood were both great.